How do they keep their wheels from cutting out while jumping?

woke rider

I have been wondering about this for some time now. After recently have what I believe to have been a free spin cut off, I disabled my freespin cut out, but that only protects until my wheel reaches cutout speed. Then what, does the wheel automatically start balancing again once I'm back on the ground?

As far as I know, you just have to work on really keeping your pedals level when you jump, and set a steep cutout angle, so it doesn't cut out around berms.

I'm pretty new, but I've been paying attention every chance I get, and have  only been on a pump track a few times. Not a big jumper yet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You have to keep the wheel straight in the air, if you lean too far forward or torque it too much going up a ramp you can potentially overtorque and cut out. I've cut out once when jumping and hit beeps multiple times when learning, now I can jump without hitting beeps and keep the wheel quite straight in the air :)

Or you can just get a Lynx which feels almost impossible to overtorque on jumps lol

• Like 3