Inmotion V12 HT Charger Plug Electricity Arcs

Rramada

At one point was in debate on which EUC to purchase between KingSong 16X or Inmotion v12 HT. Coming from Gotway McM5 v2, I went with the 16x which is a great reliable wheel. I climb 5 sets of stairs daily so I broke my handle and decided it was beneficial to have another spare wheel. I went with the Inmotion v12 HT. 

First ride was difficult and felt strange but definitely a great quality wheel especially for the price point. First time plugging in the charger, i got a big electric arc and a pop sound but it began to charge fine so thought nothing more. Overnight I thought I heard a sound and flash of headlight so figured it was done and unplugged. In the morning when I powered it on everything booted up fine no issues. When i went to unlock the front door, the headlights lights and ambient lights began flickering along with screen cutting in and out for few seconds then powered off on its own. Trying to power up nothing was responding, was just a dead brick. Several minutes later, i still had no electrical operation but the engine was on and self balanced. It was working without spin kill, screen, and any lights but began leaning forward excessive and then back. I shut it down. It was a Monday so I left it alone for a week thinking it needs to be repaired and I only have time on the weekend.

Weekend Came and when I powered it on, everything was working and all lights, screen, motor, spin kill were all working fine. It still is all working fine another week later. I still get spark pops when I plug it in but can't reproduce the issue. My charger is plugged in the outlet then the power block and into the EUC last and sparks at the plug. Strange I've never seen anything like that before and definitely never had a EUC fix itself! LoL i read similar thread to mine but was not same as this occurrence. Anyone experienced anything similar or possibly have any kind of insight on what happened or why it does that? Everything is new as well so not sure what can cause this.. Please share some wisdom 😂

When I plug in the charger cable into the V12 first then the AC plug into an outlet, I don't get a spark.

But if plug in the AC cord first then the charging cable into the V12 charging port, I get a spark.

On my Begode T3, it is the other way around. 

If I plug in the charger cable into the T3 first, then the AC plug, I get a,qspark. But I get no spark if I reverse the order.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting me know, so it never gave you any problems from the sparks? From what I understand, its just compactors charging up. I just don't want a repeat of my EUC being a heavy paper weight lol

23 minutes ago, Rramada said:

so it never gave you any problems from the sparks?

I don't continue to connect in the wrong sequence once I saw the spark.

Also, I spray the connector with alcohol (or contact cleaner) and try to clean up the carbon.