Selfdestructing s22 chargers (harden and embrittled output cable)

Finn Bjerke

My beloved Kingsong s22 will not charge unless I use Inmotion charger. The cable leading OUT on original charger seems to selfdestruct. The embrittled output cable is hardened and fragile. 

I have read here (on the serious EUC forum) that other ppl have charger problems, but for other reasons.   Have anyone else experienced "bad plastic" on output cable? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 1:08 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

My beloved Kingsong s22 will not charge unless I use Inmotion charger. The cable leading OUT on original charger seems to selfdestruct. The embrittled output cable is hardened and fragile. 

I have read here (on the serious EUC forum) that other ppl have charger problems, but for other reasons.   Have anyone else experienced "bad plastic" on output cable? 

My early batch original charger going strong, no problems, maybe it's a QC issue?

My s22 charger died, got new one as a warranty replacement from dealer. Patton has the same charger and what I have read V13 charger also comes from same supplier. The charger seems to have quite high failure rate.

One thing which may help prevent charger from dying, is to connect it right way first plug to the wheel and after that to the wall and opposite way when disconnecting.

However I haven't notice anything wrong with the cord.

Edited by okvp

2 hours ago, okvp said:

My s22 charger died, got new one as a warranty replacement from dealer. Patton has the same charger and what I have read V13 charger also comes from same supplier. The charger seems to have quite high failure rate.

One thing which may help prevent charger from dying, is to connect it right way first plug to the wheel and after that to the wall and opposite way when disconnecting.

However I haven't notice anything wrong with the cord.

Connecting like that is how you get sparks, if you plug the charger in without power there will be a discharge from the battery to the charger. Regardless it's not why people have faulty chargers, most likely it's varied QC.

20 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Connecting like that is how you get sparks, if you plug the charger in without power there will be a discharge from the battery to the charger. Regardless it's not why people have faulty chargers, most likely it's varied QC.

Kingsong recommendation is to plug the charger to euc first. But that discharge is possible if there are not diods preventing current flow to wrong direction.