Effects of incorrectly seated tire

onewheelkoregro

Recently had a flat on my V12 HS got alien blood tire holds air. But It was completely flat in my house on the wheel for like 5 days. Just filled it with air rode it to work yesterday and it definitely pulls to the left. Overinflated the tire, under inflated it and same thing it leans to the left. So should I try deflating completely and refilling? Or just get a new tire?

You can deflate it fully then squeeze it all the way around as you rotate it then work it in the areas that are not line up correctly, when you have it even re-inflate.

@mrelwood has a good video on this because i suck at explaining things.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

You can deflate it fully then squeeze it all the way around as you rotate it then work it in the areas that are not line up correctly, when you have it even re-inflate.

@mrelwood has a good video on this because i suck at explaining things.

I'm at work right now I brought Sonic with me. I didn't notice anything weird when I rotated the tires on top of the chair. But I de inflated made sure bead was broken all around tire. And pumped it up with my hand pump. No more Pulling! Thanks @Punxatawneyjoe. Thought I was going to have to replace the whole tire.

• Like 1

You don't inflate the tire to desired pressure right away. First inflate it to a very low pressure and spin the wheel by hand. Focus on the bead/rim and the centerline to mudguard distance as you spin it.

You want it to not wobble around. It's likely not going to be perfect but you can get it 90-99% off odd behavior out with this simple step.

If it's uncentered, like mentioned above, you locate the tall spot, fully deflate, move the tall spot in a bit/pull on the opposite side, and then do the test again.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, alcatraz said:

You don't inflate the tire to desired pressure right away. First inflate it to a very low pressure and spin the wheel by hand. Focus on the bead/rim and the centerline to mudguard distance as you spin it.

You want it to not wobble around. It's likely not going to be perfect but you can get it 90-99% off odd behavior out with this simple step.

If it's uncentered, like mentioned above, you locate the tall spot, fully deflate, move the tall spot in a bit/pull on the opposite side, and then do the test again.

I had to bike again to work today but I am off tomorrow so I will do this it looked good to me yesterday but it still pulls to the left.