Inmotion V8F, Aliexpress trustworthy?

Tropaion

Hello Community,

I want to buy my first EUC (Inmotion V8F) and found this offer: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005657047343.html

I'm from the EU and this one is about 600USD cheaper than from my local seller and I'm on a tight budget (student).

The local seller says that some china sellers replace the battery with an cheap knockoff before selling it. Well, that doesn't have to mean anything.

I mainly want to use it for commuting (light use) so I think it's unlikely that there will be repairs during the warranty. And since I'm an eletrical engineer and have my own small laboratory, I think I can handle small repairs myself.

So I wanted to ask if these accusation are true and if someone has experience buying from such a seller.

Thanks for your help :)

29 minutes ago, Tropaion said:

Hello Community,

I want to buy my first EUC (Inmotion V8F) and found this offer: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005657047343.html

I'm from the EU and this one is about 600USD cheaper than from my local seller and I'm on a tight budget (student).

The local seller says that some china sellers replace the battery with an cheap knockoff before selling it. Well, that doesn't have to mean anything.

I mainly want to use it for commuting (light use) so I think it's unlikely that there will be repairs during the warranty. And since I'm an eletrical engineer and have my own small laboratory, I think I can handle small repairs myself.

So I wanted to ask if these accusation are true and if someone has experience buying from such a seller.

Thanks for your help :)

Main difference should be that one has no legally enforceable warranty from a chinese reseller. It's just a promise.

Shipment costs for returns are normally horrendous.

Did you check if no "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer' (should be paid by all aliexpress resellers by now?) or toll is to be added? There were cases of broken toll free promises reported.

Never heard of fake batteries - no idea if they are checked and reported?

11 hours ago, Tropaion said:

Ok, thank you for the information.

"Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" shouldn't be a problem since the seller has an EU depot and guarantees no VAT/toll.

How does the seller guarantee you?

I'd strongly assume he promised or just told you so?

If the shipment does not come from an european warehouse one has no chance to avoid toll payment. Afair there was a case reported here were a shipment "guaranteed from a toll free warehouse" came directly from china with tolls and processing fees to pay.

I only was worried if there have been experiences with fake products.

Some products were dead on arrival and people would have had to pay some ~500 USD for return shipment...

Some got bad batteries which were not replaced...

Bad motherboards etc were mostly sent for diy replacement.

But yes - most/many shipments work out. The rest is reported on forums like this - as many people saved money and got what they wanted this is for many a very viable solution. And some just have bad luck.

Since your from Austria too, this is what I found: https://www.funshop.at/tag/fake/

This link is about fake reviews. But i know the comments you mean which are as warning directly with the euc descriptions.

Kingsong had ?has? wheels dedicated for the chinese market which were geolocked/deactivated in western countries. No idea if these were of different quality?