New Challengers (speculation)

InfiniteWheelie

I’ve been waiting for a thread to discuss the upcoming challengers, so I figured I’d make one.

I haven’t been keeping up to date. What are the current rumours and information about these new wheels?

From memory, isn’t it supposed to be a 22” wheel with 3600wh and fork suspension? Plus isn’t there supposed to be a 20” version (Challenger Y)?

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

The previous CEO Bob showed the roadmap in an interview a few months back, that included Challengers with I think three different letters. Y, P, and what was the third… don’t remember. (Or was the third just the OG Challenger…?) But since Bob stepped down (and quit altogether soon after), it’s unknown whether the roadmap will stay even remotely the same going forward. And since it still doesn’t seem like Inmotion would be moving up from the one model per year launch cycle, we’ll probably be waiting for the various Challenger (and other) models for a very long time. And for the rumors as well.

• Like 1

The former CEO mentioned several details about the upcoming Challenger series.

• Challengers will be the fastest and the most potent wheels In the Inmotion series.
• The Challenger series will be based on a modular design.
• All future Challenger wheels will have a bigger battery than the current V13.
• Batteries will be quickly replaceable.
• All battery packs together will have 4800Wh. (4 packs - 1200wh each) 
• Challenger Y will have a 20-inch wheel 
• Challenger Y will be smaller and slower than V13.
• Challenger wheels will have an oil suspension, similar to the Sherman S & Patton. 
• Inmotion Adventure battery packs will be compatible with the Challenger series.

Edited by Merk
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Merk said:

• All battery packs together will have 4800Wh. (4 packs - 1200wh each) 

• Inmotion Adventure battery packs will be compatible with the Challenger series.

I wonder if these still apply. After all, Adventure packs are 600Wh each. Or if the Challenger packs will just be twice as thick, both fitting the Challenger but only the Adventure packs fitting the Adventure. Or maybe they will fit 8 packs in a larger wheel.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I wonder if these still apply. After all, Adventure packs are 600Wh each. Or if the Challenger packs will just be twice as thick, both fitting the Challenger but only the Adventure packs fitting the Adventure. Or maybe they will fit 8 packs in a larger wheel.

Bob said that the batteries would be interchangeable due to the similar voltage. Maybe there will be other types of "battery holders" to choose from.

Edited by Merk

Abbreviation Y

I'm not sure what the abbreviation Y stands for, but the wheel with this letter will be a compact (Maybe downgraded) version of others. 

The Challenger Y will be 2 inches smaller and also slower than the current Challenger V13.
We also know that the modified V11 will have a smaller/compact version of the Raptor Controller, which will be called Raptor Y. 

But it's counter-intuitive that the updated V11Y has a letter Y In its name while it's physically bigger, heavier, and considerably improved in all aspects compared to the older v11. 

Edited by Merk