Putting the Inmotion V11 hex pedals on the V10F

mhpr262

The V10F I currently ride came from the factory with sagging pedals. No idea why, the wheel and the pedals looked brand new. The left pedal was completely horizontal with the wheel upright, the right pedal even sagged ever so slightly downwards. Needless to say it was unpleasant to ride that way.

When I bought my V11 I got the hex pedals for that wheel and intended to put the old V11 pedals on my V10F. That didnt work out because the V11 pedals dont fit without alterations.

Yesterday I took a closer look to find out just WHY they wouldnt fit, and the solution actually seemed rather easy - the surface against which the pedals rest on the pedal hanger when folded down was just a millimeter or so too "deep" (relative to the hole for the pedal axle).

I took a file to both sides and in much less than ten minutes per side I had filed the pedal hangers down and could mount the V11 hex pedals, with a solid dihedral angle too!

IMG_20230906_134517.jpg

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

This picture shows what part of the pedal hanger I had to file away to make the pedals fit (marked in green). The only downside is: they cant be folded up anymore, they stay folded down permanently. If you want to modify the hangers so you can fold the pedals up you would have to file away the part shown in red too, but that is dicey because I am pretty sure that section of the hanger is under structural tension and it is much more problematic to modify such parts than ones that are under compression. Especially for heavy riders like me, who are already a bit over the max load limit of the V10F with clothes, gear and a small backpack. If you are a lighter rider you can probably file away that part too without having to worry and make your pedals foldable.

V10F pedal hanger.png

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• mhpr262 changed the title to Putting the Inmotion V11 hex pedals on the V10F
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, people do this to the V8 too, it's a good mod other than begode pedals working 100% with no mods. I was going to do this to my V8, slight sagging pedal issue, took a pass, & added some tape in layers to that area, & it solved the issue. I have the V11, & I don't like the upgraded v11 pedals because of the screws, & I dont want to mod it, plus the stock pedals work fine.

4 hours ago, Supakatt said:

it solved the issue

Not for long, LOL. I tried everything with my V10F, nothing worked for long because of the extreme pressure and the slight shearing movements when stepping on the pedals. It all gets squashed, ground down or slowly pushed out of the gap.

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

Not for long, LOL. I tried everything with my V10F, nothing worked for long because of the extreme pressure and the slight shearing movements when stepping on the pedals. It all gets squashed, ground down or slowly pushed out of the gap.

Bend 0.5mm or 1mm (Or thicker..) steel/metal sheet and place it between hanger/pedal. Afterwards mount the pedals.. The "Z" shape or what ever shape you bend the sheet will not move, as it will be pressed against pedal/hanger. Doh you need to bend the shape - so you can close the pedals still..

I think "]" shape would be perfect.. It would sit around hanger. Meaning it could not move, or get pressed out..

Try it.. Easy mod.

Edited by Funky

• 1 month later...

A little update: all the riding and using the "unfoldable" pedals as sidestands has loosened them up to such a degree that they now do fold up, without any further work or filing at all. Apparently there was just the tiniest bit of pedal hanger material in the way to prevent the pedals from folding up, like 1/100th or 2/100th of a millimeter. Looks like I will have to CAD design and print a proper stand after all. The one on thingiverse is far to small/narrow. I am a tiny bit sorry, resting the wheel on its pedals on its side looked pretty cool to be honest. But having folding pedals is just too practical.

Edited by mhpr262