Veteran Patton's 58lbs suspension review after 1600 miles as a 120lbs rider

Critzlez

I'm going to keep this review pretty short as pretty much everyone else's reviews are spot on. This wheel gave me no problems other than the water resistance issues I have noted in my post here. What I want to emphasize in this review is the 58lbs suspension as lightweight rider, which will be helpful for anyone around my weight that's confused which spring to get.

Many people keep saying to get the 66lbs spring because it bottoms out easily, but it's much more nuanced than that. I ride at the lowest preload and do not bottom out unless I am doing big jumps. The only time I bottom out is when I do jumps like 3 feet tall, but at highest preload and high compression damping I don't bottom out at that height, so the possible jumping height without bottoming out is a bit higher. However, at highest preload on the 58lbs it's way too stiff for my preferences in street riding. 66lbs is also a bit stiffer. 62lbs though feels the same as 58lbs

Additionally, I get around 30% sag from lowest preload, which is considered within the ideal range. I never bottom out from curbs or stairs, only from larger jumps.

The ultimatum is this for people around my weight (from my experience): Get the 58lbs out 62lbs if you do street riding. Preferably 62lbs add I don't feel much of a difference between them, but you'll bottom out less work the 62. If you only want to do extreme trails and don't care about street riding experience, get the 66lbs.

Edited by Critzlez
added stuff about 62lbs feeling the same as 58lbs
  • Like 3

• Critzlez changed the title to Veteran Patton's 58lbs suspension review after 1600 miles as a 120lbs rider

Thx fo info how many psi you ride? With you weight patton must feel limitless torque. What temps you have after climb hill.

Can you share Eucworld(android) tour longer than 25+ miles/km.

Im curious i am esactly oposite rider to you 66lbs and max preload:

https://euc.world/tour/624509384616029

4 hours ago, Milordas said:

81.1km, impresive, but at the end it says 0% battery left.. thats... imposible

Is possible becasue i switch to low battery mode = can go under 0% = tiltback

Normaly you have 0% tiltback after activate low batery mode you drain battery more and this give you extra range curious is after i go home patton agresive BEEP on charger until battery go over 1% in normal mode.(before i give patton to car i turn off low bat mode and patton tilt formward and backward in that state i turn off) 

On 8/22/2023 at 1:33 AM, DjPanJan said:

Thx fo info how many psi you ride? With you weight patton must feel limitless torque. What temps you have after climb hill.

Can you share Eucworld(android) tour longer than 25+ miles/km.

Im curious i am esactly oposite rider to you 66lbs and max preload:

https://euc.world/tour/624509384616029

I don’t have euc world, but i get like 50-80 miles of range depending on speed. 50 miles if i go as fast as i can. The temperatures don’t really go up much even uphill. I ride 40 PSI

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Is possible becasue i switch to low battery mode = can go under 0% = tiltback

Normaly you have 0% tiltback after activate low batery mode you drain battery more and this give you extra range curious is after i go home patton agresive BEEP on charger until battery go over 1% in normal mode.(before i give patton to car i turn off low bat mode and patton tilt formward and backward in that state i turn off) 

then Patton display shows milk shakiness, but not true percentage of battery. As at 0% bms should shutt off power as draw would permanently damage batteries.

39 minutes ago, Milordas said:

then Patton display shows milk shakiness, but not true percentage of battery. As at 0% bms should shutt off power as draw would permanently damage batteries.

no no percentage on APP depends how app algorythm is set in my log is voltage too my voltage not go under limit alowed leaperkim.

Extreme example you can set 100% to 126V and 0% to 123V in APP. This results to situation oyu can ride 65km on 0%.  

My ride end on 90V and 87V is lowes voltage patton is alowed in low batery mode.