Under inflate suspension

2disbetter

As the title of the thread suggests, I'm curious if this is bad for your suspension? The reason I am thinking about this is because I would like the wheel to sit lower in general than it does, but I don't want to give up on all of the suspension elements either. 

Anyone doing this? Any thoughts? Does it make your wheel feel more nimble? 

• 1 month later...

No, it’s not bad for your EUC, and I find that their suggested pressure is too high for my taste. When I was learning to ride I barely had any pressure at all so that my pedals would be closer to the ground. Honestly though, if you want a wheel with lower pedals, and you are going to negate the suspension, then why not just get a kingsong?

14 hours ago, skunkmonkey said:

if you want a wheel with lower pedals, and you are going to negate the suspension, then why not just get a kingsong?

:lol: There are quite a few other aspects to wheels than pedal height.

The V11 has a rubber stopper to catch you if you hit the bottom or the top. Of course of you keep slamming the bottom with all your weight all the time, the rubber will wear out. Other than that there’s no harm done.

Some say that lower pedals make it more nimble. I haven’t noticed a difference in the range of heights that I’ve tried, though the range isn’t large.