After hearing about Marty’s cut-out and broken ankle, I’m wondering what boots offer superior ankle protection?

I wear Timberland Pro Tactical Boots and they feel great on my Sherman-S. Very grippy.

I’ve tried MC ankle boots, somewhat grippy.

• Like 2

My Leatt MX boots have absolutely staggeringly good (no pun intended) ankle protection, but I'm selling mine because despite that they are way too big, heavy, stiff and grippy for EUCing. My newer option is some much cheaper MC touring boots that are much more flexible, less grippy, don't have a whacking great iron bar through the sole and about a tenth of the weight ! The ankle protection there is nothing like as good as the MX jobbies, but it is substantially better in that department than regular shoes / trainers.

image.thumb.jpeg.f500a58357d39a437e27e83fe3a2fc6b.jpeg

Those are the old ones above...  honestly - you could drop an avalanche of rocks on your ankle, and emerge unscathed if you're wearing those !

image.png.99005b77e3fbc1ae1ba0e5ee20814953.png

..and those are the new ones, which are much better overall, but a compromise around the ankles. Still pretty damn good, and I hit a car at 45 the other day, and my ankles survived unscathed ! :) I appreciate there is a lot of luck involved in whether bones break or not, but I think this level of covering and protection is probably 'enough'.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...