Commander Mini Review - Ride One

Jalious

2 hours ago, varamontelo said:

Dans l'intérêt de nos membres, si vous envisagez de faire de la publicité pour votre magasin, votre entreprise ou vos produits de monocycles électriques, cela devrait être quelque chose que la grande majorité de nos membres VEULENT très probablement voir. Ne le faites pas plus d'une fois par semaine et ne dépassez pas vos annonces inutilement. Assurez-vous également que l'annonce est très différente de la précédente.

I know this.  I was actually defending you if you read my initial post...

15 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

He's not really complaining about the video itself in this feed but the fact it has already been posted under videos's and this is a duplicate.

Because he is creating a link specific to Ride on (his shop) it's kind of advertising. This could be seen as slightly against the guidelines.

When Eevee's* post its never under an Eevee's*  header its always through the appropriate section.

*Other resellers are available.

here are the only situations or actions in euc riding that can bring us back to base line:

- we get hit with either tickets, warnings, or bans

- an euc rider is in the hospital ER with minor injuries, major injuries, or a new addition to the morgue.

everything else is "smokey and the bandit"....

Different street performances. Yeah.

The videos about begode or mten4 were interesting, we can have speed, features, no danger. One was a race indoor, not in town, the second was in woods, without road traffic. No audience then no child no animals no trucks no bicycles, no tourist crossing the road, good.

11 hours ago, varamontelo said:

All ads must go in the corresponding ad section of the forum. In the interest of our members, if you are going to advertise your electric unicycle store, company, or products it should be something that the vast majority of our members are very likely WANTING to see.  Do not do this more than once a week and bumping your ads unnecessarily. Also make sure the ad is significantly different from your previous one.

As far as I am aware, we have posted about this with a week gap between this and the patton video. I was told by a moderator that it is okay to post once in my own thread for videos and another in a video thread. I am not affiliated with anyone else who posted our videos prior, I am not trying to spam our videos onto this forum. It seems like some people want to see these videos. I understand that not everyone wants to, and that is okay and I would not force this onto them.

9 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

We have had this discussion come up before. Remember the NY bomb anyone?

Ultimately the footage always looks a lot worse than it is in real life.  We all know when you are there how different the experience and speed and distances are.

Also different parts of the world have totally different driving styles and norms.

In the UK we have very strong lane discipline for instance. Whilst living overseas one city I lived in it was the norm to run red lights.  You always held back a second when it went green.

Some countries driving looks totally random to the outsider but it works for the locals.

Whats normal for the spider is chaos to the fly.

This hobby is so dangerous at present. EUC's should be called BB's (bone breaker's).

But they are so much fun until they are not.

I agree with this. Footage and angles are always very deceptive on camera. I was there on the Patton review video ride. I know that our street style of riding is not for everyone, but the edit really does make it look far "scarier" than it really is. I also agree that there are different riding etiquettes for different areas. Cities like Toronto and NYC, the drivers are far more alert and aware, along with predictable compared to other cities that are very unfamiliar with EUCS. At least for myself, I always have multiple escape routes in mind in case anything ever happens. Parked car opens its door, pedestrian jaywalks, a car suddenly brakes etc. I am constantly scanning the road the entire time I ride. Ultimately I understand that many will not agree with how we ride, and I don't implore them to ride like this if it is unsafe, or they do not wish to.

• Like 1