Ninebot Z10: Crossed a set of negative and positive cables on the board

410wheel

I tore down the wheel to change the tire. I mistakenly reversed  the A or B side negative and positive cables. I was able to ride the wheel several times after that though with no serious issues.  Now the wheel beeps once when I try to power it on and displays a blank battery indicator.  No power to the motor and the wheel won't unlock with the app. Did I permanently damage something? The wheel did power on normally a few times since it went dead.  It powered on yesterday and I rode it a few seconds before I face planted. I corrected the reversed  cables and still nothing. Permanent damage?

• Like 1

Sorry, but I think I might try to buy another used Z10 because I can use it as a spare for parts and once I tear down one Z10 I'm bound to make mistakes. I'll just try to learn as much as I can about Z10's, that's why I think it's good that you are getting experience with working on them. It's a special wheel. I just found out that Z10's even have a back up hall motor, whatever that is, it's supposed to be new on the V13, but Z10 had it way back in 2021.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, earthtwin said:

back up hall motor, whatever that is

Hall sensor. It’s what tells the mainboard which position the tire is at so it knows when to give power to which set of magnets.

I never heard that the Z10 had a backup set of sensors though.

Ha! I'm not as thrilled as you are about me having to learn how to repair my own wheel. The only reason I took it apart myself is that it needed a new tire when I bought it used. No one locally knew how to work on it. Ninebot doesn't even make them or sell replacement parts. I'm pretty handy. I just don't know anything about repairing the electronics. Obviously. I crossed the most important wires. Surprisingly it was still rideable after I put it back together. Until I spammed the power button. For what reason, I don't even know. Someone had suggested updating the firmware. I don't even know what that is or if it'll work. This wheel is a really nice ride. Frustrating not being able to get it going again. It feels so sturdy and powerful.