S22 BMS update

ffontana

I had a faulty battery and has been replaced recently.

Now I have one BMS battery firmware 2.15 and the other battery is 2.07. Motherboard firmware is 2.27.

When I try to update BMS firmware through Kingsong app, it says I must have at least 2.25 (and I already have 2.27!)

I've been told about soft tuner, but I only found it for iOS. Is there android version?

Curiously, with same voltage on both batteries, % is very different.  Probably because of different firmwares.

Edited by ffontana

1 hour ago, ffontana said:

Curiously, with same voltage on both batteries, % is very different.  Probably because of different firmwares.

Probably. KS has changed the percentage curves with firmware updates quite often throughout the years.

Yes, seem like percentage curves are different, but I thought percentage was calculated in the mainboard and BMS just report volts. Obviously not this way, but it surprised me.

1 hour ago, ffontana said:

I thought percentage was calculated in the mainboard and BMS just report volts.

Good point! That’s how they all have traditionally done it. But since the smart BMS transports much more information to the main board, they might have their own percentage curve as well. I clearly have no idea if they do or don’t, it would just be the most obvious answer. You already checked that the reported voltages were the same, so at least the percentages can’t come solely from the main board.