Begode Master constant beep

Today i was on a long ride with my Master. I got home when the battery was around 30%. When i stopped i noticed that there was a constant beep. Not as loud as the alarm beep but it was beeping continuously. I turned the wheel off an back on and the beep came on again.

I opened the wheel and noticed that there was a red Led on on the charge board with the wheel turned off. I tried to plug in the charger and the Led on the charger stayed green, it would not change to red.

Then I unplugged the batteries, plugged them back in and the beep was gone. Plugger the charger back in and it changed from green to green, so it was charging now

The master is a V1 with a V3 control board and the updated charge board. I have not done any voltage measurements on the batteries yet.

Has anyone experienced this on their master?

I don't know about the Master's error codes but one thing comes to mind.

It's that one of your packs discharged past a safe voltage = dangerous.

I can't confirm it but if you want to stay safe, definitely investigate it. Check that the packs show similar voltage.

@alcatraz, thanks for your reply. I just measured the batteries, they are all good.

58.30V, 58.31V, 58.29V and 58.30V. I will charge the wheel and then try to duplicate my ride.

Great. That's a very good start, but doesn't completely exclude a battery issue. (unlikely battery issue)

It's the issue of one cell group being below 2-3v inside one of the packs.

You can detect that by not being able to charge to 134.4v (multimeter). If you hit a wall around 132v then it's a warning sign.

As for other Master error codes, maybe someone else can help. 

• Upvote 1

the beep is for a battery anomaly, could be a temporary problem, maybe temperature or something like cells or BMS.
when it beep it should trigger the red led on the charge board also

does it charged to full ?

Yes, it charges to 134V and you are correct there was a red light on the charge board.

I have not ridden it yet since I charged it up but the light and beep are off now.

It was a very warm day when it happened.

Edited by Schmudel

I was out today and all was fine. I am currently the process of installing a connector plug for each battery so that i can measure the Voltage of each pack without having to take the wheel apart. We will see how this works.

Thank you for your replies everyone.

I wouldn't add that plug because it's easy enough to disconnect a pack. You weigh the risk of creating a failure mode, with the benefit of that functionality.

I don't like the added risk of adding balance leads to my packs, but I do it because I plan on riding these wheels for many years and I keep them in my apartment. I need to know all the groups are ok without guesswork.

• Like 1