My Sherman S 3D Printed Accessories

Rawnei

@Rawnei How happy are you with the infill amount on the seat so far and how much do you weigh? I'm asking because my TPU is about 87A but I weigh maybe 90kg fully geared.

Also I laid it down flat and rotated it 45 degrees to fit it on my print board (256mm). When I get the layer lines on the wall horizontally it should increase the stiffness slightly?

Loving the design! Definitely gonna print it this weekend.

Edited by Poker

23 minutes ago, Poker said:

@Rawnei How happy are you with the infill amount on the seat so far and how much do you weigh? I'm asking because my TPU is about 87A but I weigh maybe 90kg fully geared.

Also I laid it down flat and rotated it 45 degrees to fit it on my print board (256mm). When I get the layer lines on the wall horizontally it should increase the stiffness slightly?

Loving the design! Definitely gonna print it this weekend.

Hey,

The infill is good for my weight (~105kg geared), most of the seat has walls inside for support so the infill is more important for the top part, I've no idea how it would compare to 87A.

I'm guessing orientation doesn't change stiffness anything noticeable, are you printing with a 0.6 nozzle? I am guessing that amount of walls and material will be most important.

I only got a 0.4 nozzle, I was thinking 0.2mm layer height as it seems to be the most detailed I can do with that nozzle and tpu. I could post a picture when its done :)

Good to hear it fits you well, I'll go with the same infill as my tpu is slightly softer but my weight is slightly lower. Honestly the thin original seat is more comfortable already than my v11 with the aftermarket seat just from having the superior suspension.

4 minutes ago, Poker said:

I only got a 0.4 nozzle, I was thinking 0.2mm layer height as it seems to be the most detailed I can do with that nozzle and tpu. I could post a picture when its done :)

Good to hear it fits you well, I'll go with the same infill as my tpu is slightly softer but my weight is slightly lower. Honestly the thin original seat is more comfortable already than my v11 with the aftermarket seat just from having the superior suspension.

I think that the nozzle difference will have bigger impact as it will affect the thickness of the infill, you don't want the seat to be too soft either or it might just crumble, perhaps go with 1% higher infill at least those two things considered?

• Sherman S - Side Cushion

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6234853

A simple side cushion for the Sherman S to make the edge around the top of the suspension softer.

The edge around the plastic piece surrounding the top of the suspension is quite hard and can be uncomfortable if it pushes against your leg (for exampling in a tight turn), this print adds some cushioning in that area to make it softer.

The cushion rests on-top of the suspension and is held in place firmly when the trolley handed is folded down so no adhesive is required and it can easily be removed simply by folding trolley handle upward.

1.thumb.jpg.d39625afa47a5d1180913051f00a6cb8.jpg

• Like 1

• Sherman S & Patton - DIY Custom Light Mount

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6257111

A custom light holder for the Sherman S and the Patton.

ATTENTION: This is a DIY project and not just a 3D print, it will take some tinkering like soldering and gluing and some patience, start the project if you are comfortable with that or have someone to help you with the necessary steps.

I had two main goals with this project:

1) Switch the stock headlamp to a lamp that doesn't blind oncoming traffic.
2) Add DRL (Daylight Running Light) for visibility during the day.

Check thingiverse for all details, shopping list, schematic, assembly instructions.

ShermanS_Example.thumb.jpg.7886ff8f1cbda8f53db284ebc38826cb.jpg

LightSpread.thumb.jpg.71ac2ad97096335c48424a20bc58766a.jpg

• Sherman S & Patton - Charge Port Water Protector

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6292996

Charge port water protectors for the Sherman S and the Patton.

The charge port on the Sherman S and the Patton are weak-points when it comes to water resistance and riding in rain, due to their position and flimsy rubber cover it's possible for water to get in there and worst case if you are really unlucky it can cause a short, these 3D printed covers attaches on-top of the rubber cover as an extra layer of protection making it much more difficult for water to find it's way in to the actual charge port, since it's attached with velcro it is easy to remove and put back on for when you are charging.

Also recommended but optional: Buy some plastic film like the kind that protects car windows and put it over the display, the display on both the Sherman S and the Patton should have rubber seals underneath the buttons to protect from water ingress (unless missed in factory) but keep in mind that all the electronics are beneath there so better safe than sorry and cover it up with a thin plastic film.

S1.thumb.jpg.347636ffe78e166a842d73e8ee1b6785.jpg

S2.thumb.jpg.48b8887483d2024a1eacaf6830424ba2.jpg

S3.jpg.2d973998a387b5b176ffd70afe95adad.jpg

S4.jpg.88bec9296e68d6237f8306fc79edcaf1.jpg

• 2 months later...

I've revised my seat design for the Sherman S, it's now narrower in the front to avoid legs rubbing against the seat in tight turns, more round shape in the middle, a bit cushier due to lower internal walls and less infill, anti-sliding mechanism at the top (small bumps) and a bit more stylized sleeker looking design overall. Also updated recommended print settings.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6213137

1.thumb.jpg.92d6a2a3a6bc007cbf93f195b6667c96.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.9f6fa02e6b66d3b728ae1c07fa18e700.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0f6f462aced73ad2f94961802fe4fb13.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1