S22 Pro Suspension Lowest Setting Issues + Pre-Load Question

Amarucide

I don't know what it's called, I lowered my S22 Pro to it's lowest settings and I'm getting a conk (bottoming out), when testing my weight.

I don't even know what it's called, the 3 screws on each side, some people raise it, I wanted to lower it, as I'm just doing bad road riding, and it feels more stable being lower

is it too low?, I loosened the the Pre-Load and I also don't know how much to tighten it again. 

I'm 200lbs 

On 5/23/2023 at 11:56 PM, Amarucide said:

I don't know what it's called, I lowered my S22 Pro to it's lowest settings and I'm getting a conk (bottoming out), when testing my weight.

I don't even know what it's called, the 3 screws on each side, some people raise it, I wanted to lower it, as I'm just doing bad road riding, and it feels more stable being lower

is it too low?, I loosened the the Pre-Load and I also don't know how much to tighten it again. 

I'm 200lbs 

They are called "link lugs", what sliders do you have? Some sliders are longer like S22 Pro and Ningning 8-wheel roller sliders, if you have those I would recommend putting the the linkage at the highest setting.

Edited by Rawnei

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

They are called "link lugs", what sliders do you have? Some sliders are longer like S22 Pro and Ningning 8-wheel roller sliders, if you have those I would recommend putting the the linkage at the highest setting.

Like Rawnei said the conk is coming from suspension slider hitting upper brace. The pro has only around 10-11cm suspension travel with stock setting and if link lugs are used to lower pedal height also the travel is shorter and suspension bottoms easier. 

However I wonder if I can get full 13 cm travel if I adjust the link lugs to the highest position?

Here in the picture is the slider travel measured from trolley handle side, the slider will actually hit to the brace on the shock side of euc.

image.thumb.jpeg.e9bc3470fe2c5635647215df258ac76f.jpeg

Edited by okvp

35 minutes ago, okvp said:

If you have a Pro it is Like Rawnei said the conk is coming from suspension slider hitting upper brace. The pro has only around 10-11cm suspension travel with stock setting and if use link lugs to lower your suspension it also shortens the travel and makes suspension to bottom easier. 

However I wonder if I can get full 13 cm travel if I adjust the link lugs to the highest position?

Here in the picture is the slider travel measured from trolley handle side, the slider will actually hit to the brace on the shock side of euc.

image.thumb.jpeg.e9bc3470fe2c5635647215df258ac76f.jpeg

With 3 holes visible on the lugs (second highest, 4 holes can cause tire rubbing) I get about 11.5cm of travel, so far I haven't experienced this as a problem.

• Like 1