Has anyone attempted printing a KS 16x seat?

No matter how hard I have looked I haven't managed to find an .stl file for a seat for the 16x. They are all out of stock here in the US and I can order one from Aliexpress but it would take about 3 months to get here. Right when it starts getting cold again and I would prefer to learn seated riding in this weather! I went down to the library and they said it would be possible to print one but I was wondering if I should use a softer TPU or just the same one I used for my power pads. Any input or advice would help or possible redirection to an existing .stl file.

• Like 1

Which filament did you use for your power pads if not TPU? I guess power pads could work as hard plastic ones, but all I’ve ever seen are either printed from TPU or manufactured from foam.

Either way, a hard plastic seat would sound very uncomfortable on a wheel without suspension.

I could whip up an .stl if I had a 16X to do measurements on… Or if you’d be interested in taking good quality photos and doing precise measurements on yours?

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Which filament did you use for your power pads if not TPU? I guess power pads could work as hard plastic ones, but all I’ve ever seen are either printed from TPU or manufactured from foam.

Either way, a hard plastic seat would sound very uncomfortable on a wheel without suspension.

I could whip up an .stl if I had a 16X to do measurements on… Or if you’d be interested in taking good quality photos and doing precise measurements on yours?

I can do it when I get back. I have a sewing measuring tape or we could just go off of the dimensions of the existing KS16x seat which I would prefer. I have pics and the outer dimensions of the seat.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, onewheelkoregro said:

I have pics and the outer dimensions of the seat.

The outer dimensions are not the ones that matter. It’s the detailed inner measures down to 0.5mm. Like, what are the angles and shapes of each curvature, how deep is the handle pool, what’s the height and exact shape of the handle when collapsed etc.

If you can take good quality photos from exact 90 degree angles from the top and side (not too close due to perspective distortion), I can mark up the exact spots you’d need to measure.

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The outer dimensions are not the ones that matter. It’s the detailed inner measures down to 0.5mm. Like, what are the angles and shapes of each curvature, how deep is the handle pool, what’s the height and exact shape of the handle when collapsed etc.

If you can take good quality photos from exact 90 degree angles from the top and side (not too close due to perspective distortion), I can mark up the exact spots you’d need to measure.

I am off tomorrow and after I hit the flea market I will take the pictures for you and post on here. Is there a messaging function on this site? if not I do not mind posting it here it would be more useful that way. But I am going to go ahead and try the yoga block thing as well tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't too small. I haven't gotten around to measuring it yet just been too busy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Is there a messaging function on this site?

Yes. Click my nick at the top of this post, you’ll find it there. There is a very limited amount of space for attachments though, so you’ll have to share the photos by other means.