V13 shock upgrade

Gliderpilot

I've heard multiple youtubers mention that in the future Inmotion will be changing the form factor of the shocks on the V13.

Does anybody know if this is happening, and if so, when they would start to put it in the new wheels?  It has been the only thing keeping me from buying one of these things.

I haven’t heard Inmotion implementing a new suspension system on the V13. I doubt they would do that. What they announced was that the upcoming models (V14 Adventure etc) will use a single tail type shock, in a similar style to the Master and the like.

Bob said all new suspension models released in the future from Inmotion will have a new for Inmotion, mono-shock style suspension system.

In the fall of 2023 there will be a V13 derivative model with more battery capacity released. Not sure whether this particular wheel will be considered a new model.

Certainly the Inmotion Adventure will be though.

Although, it does sound like Bob meant business when he said it, I haven't heard of any leaks of mono-shock based prototypes from Inmotion yet to confirm.

However, at the same time, I can't see how Inmotion can afford to delay releasing a more competitive suspension system soon, in light of the Sherman-S, Patton, and Extreme Bull Commander Pro.  

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

I am hoping it will be a swing arm style type suspension like seen in the leaked photo. That would make it a game changer as far as euc suspension is concerned. The problem with all of them is that the only travel up and down and a typical suspension travels up and back to absorb the backward impact when traveling forward.

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I am hoping it will be a swing arm style type suspension like seen in the leaked photo.

Wasn’t it a Begode prototype though? Or was it KS?

Edited by mrelwood

22 hours ago, Gliderpilot said:

I was thinking that the V13 could just be replaced with a hydraulic shock of the same dimensions

The v13 has a "hydraulic" shock for dampening. I assume you mean "spring" shock instead of air? And i'm not sure that would solve anything, the air IMO is a smoother ride than a spring. That's why long haul Trucks use an air ride suspension over conventional spring. The problem with ALL EUC suspensions is that they have no backward travel to absorb the initial impact of a hole/bump, so the lateral force is initially transferred through the chassis before the "shock" has a chance to compress.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...