Got tired of it looking all beat up

Each their own.

I for sure don't like those paint edges.. Why didn't you use masking tape? Did you even go over surface with sandpaper before painting? Otherwise i can see the paint chipping off after time. If you painted on smooth plastic.

Buy that spray that is used for car bottoms or truck bed liner spray. And spry it all around. Afterwards go with small razor and separate all panels.

Or even better disassemble all plastics panels and spray them each individually. End result would be as new wheel. Heck you can even sand down some ruff scrapes and such, before painting/spraying.

If you got time, you could even use epoxy and make one of those "Fiberglass outer shells" for the wheel. Masking tape/plastic bag whole wheel. And start putting epoxy cloths all around. :D End result you got removable one body shell over original shell. :D If you don't need the handle, you could even include seat onto the epoxy body.

Your imagination is the only limit.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Each their own.

I for sure don't like those paint edges.. Why didn't you use masking tape? Did you even go over surface with sandpaper before painting? Otherwise i can see the paint chipping off after time. If you painted on smooth plastic.

Buy that spray that is used for car bottoms or truck bed liner spray. And spry it all around. Afterwards go with small razor and separate all panels.

Or even better disassemble all plastics panels and spray them each individually. End result would be as new wheel. Heck you can even sand down some ruff scrapes and such, before painting/spraying.

If you got time, you could even use epoxy and make one of those "Fiberglass outer shells" for the wheel. Masking tape/plastic bag whole wheel. And start putting epoxy cloths all around. :D End result you got removable one body shell over original shell. :D If you don't need the handle, you could even include seat onto the epoxy body.

Your imagination is the only limit.

I'm just glad you can't see that it's all beat up from learning! I don't need it to pass inspection, just to look cool as I zip by at 25 mph!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

You got foot lockdowns/straps? What do you do, when you need to step/jump off the wheel?

no those are just spiked attachments for shoes that I put on the pedals since I couldn't find any spiked pedals for under $300. These cost like $8 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

no those are just spiked attachments for shoes that I put on the pedals since I couldn't find any spiked pedals for under $300. These cost like $8 

Backwards compatibility. :D  Good idea.

I would have removed top layer of pedals and simply added some bolts/nuts true top plate. (If i'm not mistaken, those pedals are made from two sperate parts. There should be some screws under the grip tape.) Easy way to make simple studded pedals.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Came out looking better than I expected 

IMG_20230514_135850.jpg

IMG_20230514_135833.jpg

I am stunned and speachless. This is true work of art. How can anyone think of such an original way to
smear paint all over, even where it might not have been intended at all.  A real Van Gogh - of course
before he cut off his ear.
Arouses excitement and the same feeling as a waiters who tells you: "This exquisite white wine from Alsace is fermented on grapes
that have grown on the gently sloping east-facing part of the Sankt Etellerand mountain where the winegrower was trudging past
in his wooden clogs, smoking on his old snuff - hence the light smoke flavor..."

:thumbup:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Robse said:

I am stunned and speachless. This is true work of art. How can anyone think of such an original way to
smear paint all over, even where it might not have been intended at all.  A real Van Gogh - of course
Arouses excitement and the same feeling as a waiters who tells you: "This exquisite white wine from Alsace is fermented on grapes
that have grown on the gently sloping east-facing part of the Sankt Etellerand mountain where the winegrower was trudging past
in his wooden clogs, smoking on his old snuff - hence the light smoke flavor..."

I see someone is very bright and happy today. :)

Behind back.... Hey bro.. I think he has had enough shrooms. He's so high, that he's looking at blank wall and describing each crack/line as it's masterpiece of a Leonardo da Vinci.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Robse said:

this isn't the end result. This was a work in progress. I cleaned up the lines where paint leaked through and but the baby bumpers back on it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

this isn't the end result. This was a work in progress. I cleaned up the lines where paint leaked through and but the baby bumpers back on it!

sorry, it's just my sick sense of humor ;)  I actually think it's perfectly fine. Once in a while I have also produced something that the rest of my family laughed at, but it has worked and I have been satisfied with it - and that is what counts!

• Thanks 1