What's a Segway S1 worth now?

RooEUC

I'm thinking about selling my Segway S1 to help fund the purchase of an V8F (I need the trolley handle).  But these wheels are no longer available new and I'm not sure how much they are worth used.  Mine has had the 30kph firmware upgrade.  What's the going rate these days?IMG_3803.thumb.jpg.1085cfc71652b64aa951717e07d6684c.jpg

• Like 1

It was sold to me by Amazon as an S1 in an S1 box, but it came with two batteries.  I thought the 1 meant one battery and the 2 meant two, but I'm not entirely sure now.  Given than mine has two batteries, the 500w motor (not the 400w) and does 30kph, I should probably refer to it as an S2. 

Edited by RooMiniPro
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, redsnapper said:

probs abt 300-400usd... - same as a used v5f...

I noticed in your signature that you have the Z10.  I would absolutely love one of those.  I hear so may complaints about it, but I can't imagine it being that bad.

47 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

It was sold to me by Amazon as an S1 in an S1 box, but it came with two batteries.  I thought the 1 meant one battery and the 2 meant two, but I'm not entirely sure now.  Given than mine has two batteries, the 500w motor (not the 400w) and does 30kph, I should probably refer to it as an S2. 

An S2 is uncommon in NA. You might get $4-500. They are still beautiful and useful, and fill a niche use case. For example, this is probably one of the very few wheels you may be able to fly somewhere with.

Edited by litewave

19 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I noticed in your signature that you have the Z10.  I would absolutely love one of those.  I hear so may complaints about it, but I can't imagine it being that bad.

z10 is not ez to buy - I just happened to find one used for a great price. It is oldish tech - low torque, slow acceleration, strange ride  attributes because of the wide tire - but also was super advanced for the time (2018) and has imo still the best looking design (and also is super solid when riding at speed). If moving from very light wheel like 9bot s1 you would probs be better off with a used ks16x (or similar) that is a more modern build with higher torque and more available spare parts! if the only wheels you have ridden are the s1 and E+ you will be in for a pretty mind blowing change when you try a more robust machine with a 3inch tire (it will seem incomfortable to start because of the increased gyro effect). The s1 has such limited range and not very safe at speed on anything but smooth pave. But all wheels have their unique charms and I got great use from my s1 while I had it (despite the horrible range)! Keep your eyes on kijiji and marketplace for local deals and you could score a decent machine for under 1K (there is a used section on this forum also but finding machine in CAN less common). All the used machines I have picked up have been great deals (but make sure to use a payment service like paypal in case you have issues with the seller or you could end up with a box of junk and no recourse)! good to have one light duty machine (taking the dog for a run or short jet to the grocery store) and one heavy duty machine (for more ambitious rides) so you have the best of both worlds!

Edited by redsnapper