Inmotion v13 is not charging, what can I do?

Finn Bjerke

Seems a good start for you (:huh:) - You are probably the first in Denmark to have a V13, and I would like to come and help you with a hammer, if only you weren't approx. 250 km + tolls away.   Wish you luck  :)

14 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Charge was 81% now its 80 the charger lights green. I need my wheel for commuting.  The V13 charger works OK on Kingsong s22 ....  same voltage. 

Is it a "smart" charger?  Some of these smart chargers can be set to stop when charging reaches 80%. 

Is it some extra safety ??? You have to keep wheel in indoor temp for some time before charging it ??? 

Seems a good start for you (:huh:) - You are probably the first in Denmark to have a V13, and I would like to come and help you with a hammer, if only you weren't approx. 250 km + tolls away.   Wish you luck  :)

PS Danes are sarcastic fuckers, we live in Darkness all winter  ... IF you hear this its your own bloody fault... 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Is it some extra safety ??? You have to keep wheel in indoor temp for some time before charging it ??? 

That would be good if they had done that. Best practice is that charging should only happen when temp is a few degrees above above freezing, but ideally in a room humans would describe as 'comfortable'. I think this would be the first wheel to actively prevent charging at lower temps, if that is what it is doing...

My wheel was outside for 3 hours in 8-10 C I got home took it indoors and could not charge. Charger worked fine on kingsong s22 - AFter about 1 hour the charging started -   If they have this blocking feature how about putting it in the manual????   Charging from 99 to 100 takes a mightyu long time... 

AFter this calibration aint working...

This machine is expensive.

Edited by Finn Bjerke

22 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That would be good if they had done that. Best practice is that charging should only happen when temp is a few degrees above above freezing, but ideally in a room humans would describe as 'comfortable'. I think this would be the first wheel to actively prevent charging at lower temps, if that is what it is doing...

Nice feature (if it is on purpose) , but stupid if it's not in the manual, and even more stupid if it can not be controlled or disabled.  As @Finn Bjerke mentions, it's cold, but not freezing, and there should be no problems in charging batteries at 8-10 degrees C.   You could well end up in a situation where you were on a long trip in the autumn, and then had to "refuel" along the way.   And then there is no time to have to drag a wheel into a restaurant and wait 1 - 2 hours to be allowed to charge.