App safety features

• Forwardnbak changed the title to App safety features

I wasn’t sure where to put this but thought it was interesting.

Maybe considering DarknessBot or EUC world. Maybe the wheel needs the tech built in, would be a good option down the track with the speeds getting higher.

BMW also offer a crash detection system where the bike notifies emergency services of crash and location. 

So does iphone i think.

51 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

So does iphone i think.

iPhone does as does Apple Watch. There are several documented 'saves' already, but iPhone has also been calling emergency services on skiers, so still some fine tuning to do! If I crash in the boonies and don't cancel the alarm, my watch will have a chat with my phone which will try emergency services via cell and if I don't have cell phone coverage, the phone will ping (or try to ping) the emergency satellite service. Hopefully that is never used!

(my watch thinks I've fallen when I'm using lopers to trim trees and scrub, that's annoying. It's looking for a certain arm movement followed by a quick stop)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

quite often when i wedge my iphone into my selfi stick to record vid it presses the side button in, after 5 secs it calls emergency services. (this setting can be off in iphone settings) 

i think the tech is good but early stages, i dont mind a few false calls as long as it does the job when needed.