Hello, If I understand correctly, the newest batch of Master's is the 4th batch? Or atleast the newest is regarded as "V4".

What are the differences between the versions V1, V2, V3, & V4?

Not only do I want to know how Begode generally "iterates" their products, but I also have no idea what model by Master is and I'm looking for identifiers. I bought the wheel on Black Friday 2022 from Voltride, so I assume it at least should be V2.

This thread could also work as a collection of the data in a convenient place (I can't seem to find info about the versions).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

As batches come out, certain issues from the past are addressed further. Though I do not have full information on what is new from v3 to v4, I can tell you from my experience owning a V3 Begode Master, that a few upgrades were made to my wheel in comparison to the previous batches. A few things I can think were an upgrade to the suspension, the padding formula was changed, and thick padding was made to surround the headlight. There were also upgrades to the electrical components/motherboard to address issues that had previously been experienced in previous versions.

From the photos I have seen of the Master V4 so far, it looks like the most noticeable change that I could see after a brief glimpse, was that they are now addressing the plastic covering that houses the battery packs, by using the aluminum-plateted housing for the battery-packs, now…which is a fantastic change, for the sake of battery safety. As for any other upgrades, I unfortunately have not seen a list yet.

One thing to be cognizant of, if you a new rider, or are just getting into the hobby, is that all wheel manufacturers send their devices out in batches, and the newer the wheel, in most cases, the more prone they are to future changes/updates. Some companies are more fluid with their changes than others, but always consider the fact that the newer wheels that are coming out are new technologies, and so no only will you become an early adopter of a new technology—the high performance electric unicycle in general—but you will also be a early adopter of the particular wheel you are interested in, if it hasn’t been out and been ridden/tested by a larger swath of the market. Always always always do research on the wheel you are interested in before diving-in, be sure to listen/read reviews to make sure you know what to expect, and as a beginner, I would suggest getting a wheel that has already had a few batches come out, so you can be confident that any issues have been addressed. I love my V3 Master; it’s been my first wheel…and though I had a lot to add-on to it (grizzla pads, fairings, and bumpers) I am still very happy with the wheel and it’s performance, so far.

I could only imagine the V4 will be better…but please consider bumpers, fairings, and pads, if you decide to get one. Though the aluminum battery packs are a welcome addition, fairings & bumpers will extend the life of your wheel. Power pads will enhance your control of the wheel.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I have to replace a motherboard and these are the options as of August 21, 2023:

V1 had a different battery configuration, not an option anymore

V2, V3, V3.1, and v4

V2 and V3.1 have matching holes

V3 and V4 have matching holes

V3.1 and V4 look like they have similar capacitor setups, so maybe the same board except for the screw holes?

The charge ports are on a separate board and you'll need the blue version to use the newer motherboards. My V2 master came with the blue charge board. I'm waiting on alienrides to message me back about any other differences between the v3.1 and v4.

• Like 1

Excellent topic. If you guys figure out more differences I'd love to hear them.

I might pick up a 2nd hand Master and I wonder if there's a version I definitely need to stay away from.

The battery design of the V1 doesn't really concern me. I open up my packs regularly and inspect connections/welds.

I'm more tempted to go V2 because or the slimmer suspension, and the weight reduction that hopefully implies.

I heard the V2 has weaker mosfets than V1.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1