Ninebot One S2 - Activation

DavideTr

Hi everyone, I've owned a Ninebot One S2 for several years, I customized this vehicle for my needs and I also installed a custom firmware.

After driving 6066.3Km the motherboard decided to burn out, so I ordered a replacement one from Speedyfet.  

After assembling the new working motherboard, I discovered that it is not activated with the serial number and all the guides to activate it are old and do not correspond with today's reality.  Nowadays how do I activate my "new" wheel?

Thank you in advance

• Like 1

Luckily I managed to unlock the motherboard thanks to the help of a Russian guy who created an app called Ninetool. This app allows you to install custom firmware and unlock motherboards, even changing the serial number.

However, after I activate the unicycle, it says from the original app that there are "abnormal readings from the BMS".

I have to figure out if I made a mistake in inverting the batteries, or is it possible to swap them.  Does anyone know if the batteries have a precise order (left / right) or does it not affect?

• Like 1

I have a nicely working NB One S2.

I don't think the left or right are differentiated. I may be that there is too much voltage difference between the packs.

Try charging each pack in turn to full (by disconnecting the other)

I have BMS version V1.1.9

The voltage difference between packs is less than 10 mv and my NB has 126 hours of working time!

On 2/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, pico said:

I have a nicely working NB One S2.

I don't think the left or right are differentiated. I may be that there is too much voltage difference between the packs.

Try charging each pack in turn to full (by disconnecting the other)

I have BMS version V1.1.9

The voltage difference between packs is less than 10 mv and my NB has 126 hours of working time!

In these days I have recharged each single cell (x60) with an external charger equipped with a display for correct balancing.

Now all cells should be charged to the same level. Despite this, the problem persists.

I will try leaving the battery packs connected to the vehicle and charging overnight.. This has never happened before I replaced the Motherboard 😢

• Like 1