v8 how to remove the side cover?

Bogdanele

My v8 wheel has clocked over 7000km, i bought it when it had about 1000km 4y ago, i've never tried to open it before, it's been flawless for my use (simple city commuting, basically). In the last month or so, however, it's been shutting down at 40% with aggressive tilt back & red leds. This tells me there's an issue with the battery pack. I have a multimeter so I figured i'd open it. I looked on YT, it looks like you remove 2 little screws, and twist the panel open. It's not moving at all though. And i'm applying a lot of force. Assuming the previous owner didn't glue it, is there any trick i can use to apply more torque / get the cover removed?

Maybe: to twist the left one you have to open the handle, otherwise it won't move. Otherwise, you shouldn't need a lot of force (you could place a piece of wood to the side of the upper bulb and hammer on it).

Edited by Mono

Thank you. If in doubt, whack with a hammer. That actually worked :) I used a rubber mallet i use for cycling stuff and no wood, it worked like a charm. Before that, I tried the left side just to see if it was easier, and it was, i was able to manually twist it open. That gave me the confidence to whack the other side, and it worked.

Next, figuring out what's wrong with my battery.

• Like 1