mten4 won't power on

Hi there! After a lot of coaxing from my brother, who's an EUC enthusiast, I finally took the leap and bought an mten4. I've been riding it around for a week or so now, getting my sea legs under me, but yesterday as I was riding close to my house, I was practicing some curbs a the unit took a little spill. It wouldn't turn back on; the lights and display flash when I hold down the power button, but it won't power on. I chalked it up to low battery, but after charging it to 100%, the problem persists. Would appreciate any leads on diagnosis and repair. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Oh well done Begode ! - that's a new low for you - a power cable that routinely falls out during normal use ! It's almost worthy of a Darwin Award !

I am kinda surprised that an XT60 type connector can be that loose - the reason these are used in drones and other power-critical applications so much is because they are famously such tight, reliable connectors ! Presumably these are not actual XT60 connectors then, but some cheap Chinese approximation ?

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Oh well done Begode ! - that's a new low for you - a power cable that routinely falls out during normal use ! It's almost worthy of a Darwin Award !

I am kinda surprised that an XT60 type connector can be that loose - the reason these are used in drones and other power-critical applications so much is because they are famously such tight, reliable connectors ! Presumably these are not actual XT60 connectors then, but some cheap Chinese approximation ?

I believe its an MR60 on the mten4, but your point stands.  There's really no excuse for it slipping out like that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, joeboots said:

Thanks to everyone who offered advice! The problem was a dead motherboard, alienrides (eventually) sent me a replacement and I was able to do the switch relatively easily. Has been working super ever since!

Great! Thanks for the update. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, Cerbera said:

I am surprised they don't use xt90 antispark , I changed mine to xt90s on my mten3