Begode Master - display off

Aztek

Same issue here on Begode Master V2.

The display isn't really a big deal in my case but yesterday the front and the rear lights wasn't working. And it was something like 8deg C° so i hope that it will not be worse at 0°...

Each time i need to ride some dist to put them ON but fck, even after 3-4 hours of riding at 6 to 8°, the temp of the motherboard is 15° so i'm scared of what will happend next on lower temperature. I use them for my work as food delivery so.. 

I was thinking about use a hair dryer or maybe an isolation spray for electronics like this one ? https://www.reichelt.com/be/fr/insulating-spray-400-ml-insulating-lacquer-weicon-11551400-p280008.html

For that price it's crazy that we need to "repair" from the box. And there was a tech on the Begode/Gotway Tesla T3 who lowered the brightness of frontlight during a stop, just put it in the trash or something... ? 

The master with Grizzla Pads are really a great wheel to ride, so comfy. Each time i'm goin'in i'm like, aaaah. For a 20 inches wheel they feel like a 16 inches, impression to ride on a cloud. But BEGOOOOODE who make 3 wheels a year really need to make a backend work on finishes ! 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 6:17 AM, EUCzero said:

Everyone should get the upgraded small card for free. Just contact your dealer. It is very easy to replace. It effects both the display and the lights. Lights normally turn on before the display, but winter riding in the dark can become dangerous. My light actually turned OFF while riding due to getting colder than I started. Anyway. Ask your dealer for the new small circuit board!

1. Remove the seat 4 screws, and lift it off by setting the trolley handle in highest position, then wiggle the seat off.
  2. remove the controller box top cover (4 screws) (and maybe the battery cable cover (2 screws))
  3. Unplug the main power plug. (either all 4 batteries, or the one big in the middle)
  4. Turn on the wheel to discharge the capacitors. (it will beep and turn on for half a second then die)
  5. find the small board and pull it out. If using a metal plier, do not let it touch any components. Cover the plier with tape if that makes it easier.
  6. Put in the new board with the same plier. 

7. Put every thing back into place.
    PS.... there will be a small spark when you plug in the batteries again. Only one time. That is normal. Do not get spooked. It is just the capacitors charging back up again.

DONE. Less than 20min job if you have never opened the wheel before. 10min if you have.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17971697941785964/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17966343307997915/?hl=en 

For some reason, the links don't seem to direct to your videos for me. 🤷‍♂️

For moment i use the hair dryer technique, the lights turn on in under 1 minute. 

Once the light is on, the display will turn on too after a "reboot". 

When the display is on, they work even if it displays 9deg Celsius so I'm ok with that. 

At least I'm sure there's no risk of overheating. I precise this is the 2nd batch. 

Very good waterproofing too, 4-6h many times on hard rain. I just need to check inside to be sure but no cutoff.

I will make a video of the issue and send to the reseller so maybe they will send a new part. 

Thank you @EUCzero for the advice. :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greend said:

For moment i use the hair dryer technique, the lights turn on in under 1 minute. 

Oh dude - that's a total faff - just turn machine on for a few minutes before you ride, or rock it back and forth a few times then restart - works every time !

So easy and effortless that I have the replacement little card sitting here and haven't been bothered to fit it yet ! :)

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Oh dude - that's a total faff - just turn machine on for a few minutes before you ride, or rock it back and forth a few times then restart - works every time !

So easy and effortless that I have the replacement little card sitting here and haven't been bothered to fit it yet ! :)

Be aware that it will stop functioning while riding if it gets too cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Be aware that it will stop functioning while riding if it gets too cold.

Fair enough. Avrg temp here might be 5C but once rolling the temp of the actual machine remains at 19 or higher, which is 3-5 degrees above the cutoff threshold, so it's never cut out on me yet during a ride. But nonetheless, I will swap out when I am next swapping pads or doing maintenance etc...

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Fair enough. Avrg temp here might be 5C but once rolling the temp of the actual machine remains at 19 or higher, which is 3-5 degrees above the cutoff threshold, so it's never cut out on me yet during a ride. But nonetheless, I will swap out when I am next swapping pads or doing maintenance etc...

how did you determine the cutoff temperature threshold? i've been riding in 45 degree F (~7C) temps and wonder if that's a potential problem. does installing the replacement card change this?

1 hour ago, buffs said:

how did you determine the cutoff temperature threshold? i've been riding in 45 degree F (~7C) temps and wonder if that's a potential problem. does installing the replacement card change this?

I am lucky enough to have had a gradual downward trend of ambient temps since the Master arrived, so having tried it every day, I have established that the threshold is 16 degrees.

If it's over that when the Master first starts the screen will fire up OK. The light however, on mine at least, is functional down to 12C.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, buffs said:

The new driver board fixes it. What happens when it gets too cold and already riding with lights on is that light starts to flicker and blink, it can recover but then it will keep doing that over and over, if you turn off lights in this state they will not come back on.

Everyone should ask their reseller for a replacement board to fix this problem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I am lucky enough to have had a gradual downward trend of ambient temps since the Master arrived, so having tried it every day, I have established that the threshold is 16 degrees.

If it's over that when the Master first starts the screen will fire up OK. The light however, on mine at least, is functional down to 12C.

i think i misunderstood your earlier reference to "cut off". i thought you were saying the wheel would cut off at some low temp, but i believe you were referring only to the lights/display. i have the card on the way but i wasn't going to be in a hurry to install unless it affected more than lights.

1 hour ago, buffs said:

i think i misunderstood your earlier reference to "cut off". i thought you were saying the wheel would cut off at some low temp, but i believe you were referring only to the lights/display. i have the card on the way but i wasn't going to be in a hurry to install unless it affected more than lights.

Yeah - don't worry - the post that warned it could affect the ride was only in reference to the light going off, which might be hazardous if it is dark, not that the wheel itself will cut-out because of this.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grimm10 said:

For some reason, the links don't seem to direct to your videos for me. 🤷‍♂️

Just go to my user profile on instagram, and look at the two videos "displayfix" and "fix display" on my profile page. I saved them there.

• Upvote 1