V11 Stand (3D STL file)

MrEUCMan

I have never been happy with my V11 kick stand. It falls over too easily. I have searched many stands out there and most of them are too short because of V11's suspension.

I finally found one that works perfectly: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5480831

Just thought I share. The V11 fits securely on it and doesn't fall over anymore! I love it!  

I printed it using PTEG.

Edited by MrEUCMan
  • Like 3

Dear god this looks awful. Apparently nobody has ever told that guy that he needs to set an upper limit to the angle of one corner of each triangle during the tesselation process, when the CAD program converts the body into the actual .stl file. I use an upper limit of 0.1° and with that setting you basically cant see any "creases" in curves where there shouldnt be any, at least not in the actual print.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Dear god this looks awful. Apparently nobody has ever told that guy that he needs to set an upper limit to the angle of one corner of each triangle during the tesselation process, when the CAD program converts the body into the actual .stl file. I use an upper limit of 0.1° and with that setting you basically cant see any "edges" in curves where there shouldnt be any, at least not in the actual print.

Great, now can you please redesign and upload your improved version :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, litewave said:

Great, now can you please redesign and upload your improved version :rolleyes:

If you give me the measurements I need I will do just that. I just need to know how tall the vertical props are (not counting the height of the baseplate), how deep and how wide the top of the props are so the hangers can fully rest on them, how far apart the inside edges of the props are and how large you want your baseplate to be.

But in all honesty: I think my own version of this would consist of free scrap wood I have in my garage and free scrap bolts and screws I have been collecting in various bins for 25 years, not fifteen bucks worth of printer filament and twelve hours of printing time.

• Like 1

There's probably a good population of apartment-dwelling EUC riders making that more difficult to accomplish, but yeah scrap wood stands shouldn't be discounted.

Although I was kinda dumb and still printed imperfect pedal-hangar angled supports rather than rummage for the miter saw.

stand.png.4371fc8313017b281b805ed4a637d1f4.png

Not the most stable thing in the world, but it does the job. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, although nothing against show pieces either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Dear god this looks awful. Apparently nobody has ever told that guy that he needs to set an upper limit to the angle of one corner of each triangle during the tesselation process, when the CAD program converts the body into the actual .stl file. I use an upper limit of 0.1° and with that setting you basically cant see any "creases" in curves where there shouldnt be any, at least not in the actual print.

I know that it's not the best designed, but almost all the other stands out there are either too narrow or too short. So it's either this or wooden blocks. I prefer this.