Kilt or skirt for warmth and wind/rain/snow protection

yoos

A lot of EUC riders, myself included, wear motorcycle jackets. They fit our needs well. However, 99% of these jackets are short. My thighs/groin grow cold from all the wind in the standing position. Rain is also a problem. Does anyone use or know of a kilt/wrap/skirt solution to this problem? I envision something roughly knee-length, waterproof or resistant, drapey enough, and reasonably easy to put on and off (to be worn/attached under the jacket, e.g. at the waist or belt loops).

There are a few long mc jackets, but hard to source, especially at reasonable prices. I also like the versatility of having an extra item better. It would be great to have somwthing like a stowable, ultralight down jacket, uniqlo-style. I also like the esthetics of a skirt better, it lends a more planted silhouette to the rider, than a long parka.   

I have seen hiking skirts, unisex rainskirts and a vast choice of women's winter skirts. This is the closest to what I want (but I want less expensive, preferably with velcro to avoid entanglement or ripping in a crash). I don't want the expense, hassle and esthetics of overpants, as well as waterproof mc pants. For commuting purposes I would prefer to just throw the skirt and Leatts over my work pants.

Here are some images to convey the general idea :) 

Actor_in_Samurai_Armor_MET.jpg?resize=7036aa6ec912a042348cc6afb678a1a328.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgqW6Oi5wbjKZ-3LxLd7V3_081cb181-6b55-42b5-9763-27d2fac5156a_7homepage-banner-slider3.jpg

I think you'll have easier time wrapping a piece of cloth around your waist and calling it a day, than finding a ready solution for this.

Though I feel very fond of the whole kilt/skirt idea, it's elegant.

Edited by Constantine
  • Like 1