Some has a Firesak .... I have a Firebox :-)

Robse

35 minutes ago, PourUC said:

You can have vent holes, you just need more pressure generated by the fire suppressant system than atmospheric pressure.

air is not non-flammable already. non-flammable means that the gas cannot catch fire. Air whilst it's mostly nitrogen... as you pointed out, contains oxygen which is the flammable component.

In terms of the product that you would use. 
Sticker: 

Read page 9 of this PDF to understand the component of fire management that I am talking about:
https://www.fia.uk.com/static/2a999c49-760b-47e3-b02f96a2ca89ecd9/Guidance-Document-on-Li-Ion-Battery-Fires-12-20-v1.pdf

Thermal Runaway is the process that leads to a fire, that fire can then damage other items. With no fire you just have heat that is much harder to spread to other items. I am not saying get rid of the box and JUST use a fire suppressant. 

https://maussafety.com/products/maus-stixx-the-fire-sticker?logged_in_customer_id=&lang=en

Hi . How about fires in lithium batteries?
Today, 12:10

Hej! Välkommen till MAUS. Vill du ha hjälp så skriv din fråga här.

Welcome to MAUS! If you have any questions please write them here.

hello ?

somebody in there?

Hi! I’ll send you an email shortly with info. Have a great day!

Can you not answer me here ?

I just have to dublecheck it with my coworker.

Imagine this EUC stored in a cabinet, would your stixx help ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiSaSM-PkJU

Hej! Tyvärr verkar vi vara upptagna. Maila oss på info@maussafety.com

så hjälper vi er | Sorry, we seem to be busy. Email us at: info@maussafety.com

MAUS Stixx PRO only works in closed spaces.

Regarding lithium:

we are testing our product with different sizes of batteries.

therefore I want to double check with my colleague if the test are done.

-------------------------------------------------

I am waiting for an email.

Annotation 2022-09-08 122548.jpg

Edited by Robse

31 minutes ago, Robse said:

https://maussafety.com/products/maus-stixx-the-fire-sticker?logged_in_customer_id=&lang=en

Today, 12:10

Hej! Välkommen till MAUS. Vill du ha hjälp så skriv din fråga här.

Welcome to MAUS! If you have any questions please write them here.

hello ?

somebody in there?

Hi! I’ll send you an email shortly with info. Have a great day!

Can you not answer me here ?

I just have to dublecheck it with my coworker.

Imagine this EUC stored in a cabinet, would your stixx help ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiSaSM-PkJU

Hej! Tyvärr verkar vi vara upptagna. Maila oss på info@maussafety.com

så hjälper vi er | Sorry, we seem to be busy. Email us at: info@maussafety.com

MAUS Stixx PRO only works in closed spaces.

Regarding lithium:

we are testing our product with different sizes of batteries.

therefore I want to double check with my colleague if the test are done.

-------------------------------------------------

I am waiting for an email.

Annotation 2022-09-08 122548.jpg

It would take out the fire. But the reaction in batteries would simply reignite the fire.. I would only use something like that around the box itself - in case something catches on fire outside on so said "box".

Also you need the space somewhat "small/contained" it to work. In big bedroom it won't work. (Okey it will work, but you would need walls sealing all covered with that thing..) :D 

In the box of euc it will not work.. Because of "vent". Sure it will take out  first flame, but afterwards - nothing.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PourUC said:

You can have vent holes, you just need more pressure generated by the fire suppressant system than atmospheric pressure.

Those things are 1 time use.. Okey it takes out the fire, but afterwards?? The reaction in batteries are still going off.. Reigniting the fire when the suppressant gasses leave the box of said vents. Meaning it's simply pointless to have in first place.

If the suppressant stays in the box - then yes, it would work as it would not let the fire reignite. Over time it will escape true vent holes and the heat of batteries will reignite the fire.

Edited by Funky

54 minutes ago, Funky said:

Those things are 1 time use.. Okey it takes out the fire, but afterwards?? The reaction in batteries are still going off.. Reigniting the fire when the suppressant gasses leave the box of said vents. Meaning it's simply pointless to have in first place.

If the suppressant stays in the box - then yes, it would work as it would not let the fire reignite. Over time it will escape true vent holes and the heat of batteries will reignite the fire.

That's not the ONLY method of filling the chamber with gas. It's just an example, that very brand sells larger versions of that product or you could get a canister system.

Removing fire means less heat which means batteries combust over a longer period of time meaning less peaks in heat generated and less risk.

Not to mention, if you stop a battery fire initially you may well prevent other cells going into thermal runaway and not just delay them. For example, on EUC's batteries are on both sides of a wheel. If you prevent a fire for long enough you may stop the other side going into runaway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PourUC said:

That's not the ONLY method of filling the chamber with gas. It's just an example, that very brand sells larger versions of that product or you could get a canister system.

Removing fire means less heat which means batteries combust over a longer period of time meaning less peaks in heat generated and less risk.

Not to mention, if you stop a battery fire initially you may well prevent other cells going into thermal runaway and not just delay them. For example, on EUC's batteries are on both sides of a wheel. If you prevent a fire for long enough you may stop the other side going into runaway.

Remove the see true door and then try running the test again - it won't work.. Again you need somewhat airtight space for it to work.

And for that we have to remove all said vents. And if that fire system doesn't work out like it is intended. You got yourself a big BOMB. (Because we removed the vents..)

I get that removing fire - is the best solution. But in our case - we don't have chamber..

Edited by Funky

13 minutes ago, Aztek said:

I've made a metal one on my balcony.

As for heating, isn't the heater a dangerous solution?

I plan to put heating cable and thermostat in mine.

The heater is a "max" 400 watt with thermostat.  In fact, it can not produce more heat than my 8 amps charger ;) I have more of those, and they never failed - there is also a "overheat" fuse, so i think it is safe.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Robse said:

The heater is a "max" 400 watt with thermostat.  In fact, it can not produce more heat than my 8 amps charger ;) I have more of those, and they never failed - there is also a "overheat" fuse, so i think it is safe.

Good, I'll use heating cable for saving space though.