KS-18XL pedal-hanger scraping issue, and support

tudordewolf

I bought a KS-18XL from eWheels earlier this year and I've been reasonably happy with it. The left pedal was very hard to raise / lower. I wrote support and they replied that this is just normal variation, and their recommended solution was that I get used to it.

I've now noticed that the left pedal is seemingly "eating" itself, grinding away the aluminum with shavings collecting under the pedal. Pics attached, showing the undersides of both pedals.

I've written ewheels support and am waiting to hear back, but I would also try to forum to see if anyone recognizes this.

6BrNqZn.jpgTm61vf3.jpg

That doesn't look right. Yes, the things that keep the pedals 'up' are friction fit but it almost looks like something is underneath the metal 'tang' and is not allowing it to flex down. If you can, remove the bad pedal and the tang and make sure the tang is not jammed?

The pictures will give eWheels a good ideas what's up. Hopefully you haven't sanded your hanger down too much but it might need replacing.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Thanks 1

My 18XL had very stiff pedals until yesterday when I sprayed WD40 all over on the tilting mechanism. Now the pedals can be lowered by tip of my shoe.

I didn't notice any grinding of aluminium except my own, my pedals look quite worn out from the bottom :)

12 hours ago, Tawpie said:

That doesn't look right. Yes, the things that keep the pedals 'up' are friction fit but it almost looks like something is underneath the metal 'tang' and is not allowing it to flex down. If you can, remove the bad pedal and the tang and make sure the tang is not jammed?

Amazing, that is exactly what it was! A little pebble had gotten under it. Removed, rebuilt, and cleaned, looks and feels much better. Thank you!

• Like 1