V8F and app max speed limiting

Macboy

Had to make a quick trip to the pharmacy this evening. The wheel was low but not super super low. Like 40%. I hit the road and it was beeping like wild at me and I was thinking it’s because of the battery level but it seemed ridiculously slow when it beeped - like 17.5 km). It’s only like .75km to the store so I rode it slow, got what I needed and made for home. That’s when I realized I had set the max speed in the app to 20km/h because my daughter was learning to ride it that afternoon. I pulled over and set it back up to 30 (I’m ready for 35 but refraining until I get my first 100km on the wheel). All was as it should be the rest of the way home. 

It got me thinking though….if I have it set to 20 and my daughter rides to the beeps (I know she will) is there threat of cut out? I mean, the wheel has loads of reserve with the limit set to 20km/h so technically it shouldn’t, right? Not that I wanna teach her to disregard the beeps by any means. But for my own piece of mind it would be good to know it won’t cut out on her. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Macboy said:

if I have it set to 20 and my daughter rides to the beeps (I know she will) is there threat of cut out?

You are correct, it is very unlikely she will cut out at 20!

• Upvote 1

Not the same as riding "max" speed beeps. At lower speed the beeps are just that - Alert, so you know that you are riding that speed. Even if you are set 20 speed and wheel starts to beep - you can go faster.. Only thing is, the wheel will beep all the time. And you may miss the "real max speed" alarm.

I don't know how your wheel alarms work so.. Next step you figure it out.>>>

(I would tell your daughter that - if she doesn't know that..) If your wheel doesn't lift the pedals -  there won't be any warning simply cutout. Because it is already beeping.. Some wheels beep louder and faster as you gain more speed. Different levels of speed alarms. (My wheel got 3 level of alarms first slow, small beeps. Second level faster beeps. 3rd level it beeps like crazy and loud.) I normally slow down at first level, because i can hear the beeps and i'm already going 40/50 of my speed. (Also i have set it to "speak" not beeps - louder, can't miss it..)

Same thing if i would set my wheel to 20 speed, but real "max" speed is ~50. At those 20 it will start screaming at me. But i can still go 20-30-40.. At the real "max" speed (my case 50) it will attempt lifting my pedals up. - The last attempt to stop me, before cutout. I personally don't go faster than 40-45 so i never feel the pedal tiltback. And if i ride 50/50 speed, the wheel may cutout right at the moment when it tries to "lift" my pedals - because it needs to go little bit faster to lift the pedals.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macboy said:

Thanks! I do believe it was tilting while beeping at 17 but I'll double check that. I think we'll train both of us to just heed the first beeps. 

Maybe both beeps and tiltback was set to 20? I would set tiltback as "max-max" speed - as i don't want to feel it while riding.. I'm happy with alarms. :D 

Had the wheel out with my daughter tonight and didn't see tilt back adjustment anywhere. I wonder if I'm not looking in the right place or if maybe it's no longer available in the most recent app. 

Yeah i don't know how inmotion app works..

Kingsong has beeps/voice alarms. And 3 speed levels of alarms. (Quit, slow beeps / louder, faster / and very loud, fast.) And also tilt back, which you can set wherever you want. (I have set mine at "max-max" speed. So i never feel it. I have set quiet beeps at 38kph speed. And voice alarm "loudest alarm" at 40kph speed.) Most times i notice the 38kph alarm. But when it's windy outside, i notice only voice alarm.

What app do you use? I’m on an iPhone which limits me a bit but I know there are a couple others I could try.  I’m actively researching wheel #2 now so my daughter and I can ride together and am looking at other manufacturers despite being quite happy with InMotion. I’d be all over the T3 but have heard just enough about the bearings in the hubless motors to be a bit hesitant. I DO like that the speeds are a notch higher than the V10F. I’m not a speed junkie but would like to know I could cruise at 40 and be well away from the wheels max. I mention this because I’d need to know what app to use on the iPhone with a Begode/Gotway. 

3 hours ago, Macboy said:

What app do you use? I’m on an iPhone which limits me a bit but I know there are a couple others I could try.  I’m actively researching wheel #2 now so my daughter and I can ride together and am looking at other manufacturers despite being quite happy with InMotion. I’d be all over the T3 but have heard just enough about the bearings in the hubless motors to be a bit hesitant. I DO like that the speeds are a notch higher than the V10F. I’m not a speed junkie but would like to know I could cruise at 40 and be well away from the wheels max. I mention this because I’d need to know what app to use on the iPhone with a Begode/Gotway. 

I'm using Kingsong  app <(It's the original manufacturer app.) and EUCWorld. I'm on android. EUCWorld relevant for Iphone would be DarknessBot.

I can recommend 18xl if you like cruising, it can do max 45kph speed. And isn't so heavy as other wheels. :D Next best thing would be sherman/sherman max. :D But it's one of the big, big wheels. I personally hate anything over 30kg weight. (Most big wheels.) Build wise EX20s is one of the better options if you need suspension. (Build wise only, it has zero water protection, no rubber seals..)

I would love inmotion V12 HT very much - but those wheels still have many problems. Go figure..