Rs19 issues

First the fan stopped kicking on at the high temp warning now I just lost all my lights all the way around  and the speed/ mileage indicator screen isn’t turning on aswell.Bluetooth is still working and the wheel balance,charges and rides but I’m starting to get stumped any ideas on what to troubleshoot 

• Sad 1

If all else fails, sales@ewheels.com will help you out! (it's probably your 5V power supply, but it might be your 12V supply… one or the other or both are not healthy)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

Link to picture of board with connector explanations .  My 5 cents;  If there's no power at the light, display and logo output, then the low voltage supply of the board is fried = new board - not a  DIY soldering fix issue ;-)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

@Dosingpsychedelics any water intrusion?

No I’ve never ridden in rain or wet conditions I’ve only had my wheel since beginning of may .super bummed .it still turns on balances ,rides and connects to Bluetooth as of now but I’m afraid to ride it not knowing what is wrong with it .plus I’ve got it sitting in my garage in case it decides to go nuclear.

I explained it to ewheels and they said :

With the loss of lights, fan, speaker (?), this is a characteristic DC converter failure. Could you send over a short video clip of the problem for defect logging purposes? We'll locate one of those to express out to you this afternoon. 

Thanks again,

Jason 
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I explained it to ewheels and they said :

With the loss of lights, fan, speaker (?), this is a characteristic DC converter failure. Could you send over a short video clip of the problem for defect logging purposes? We'll locate one of those to express out to you this afternoon. 

Thanks again,

Jason 

This is why their markup is totally worth it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

This is why their markup is totally worth it.

I agree ewheels has been awesome from the beginning. I just hope this solves my problem and It doesn’t end up being a bigger issue .has anyone replaced the dc converter is it a simple plug in to the motherboard ?

• Like 2

I just went ahead and did a complete shell swap today .it was a pain in my ass .wouldn’t have been so bad but the new shells didn’t have the machine screw receivers in the posts they just had a small pilot hole ..so I couldn’t put my covers on when I thought I was done  …lol …so I had to press pull them all out of the old shells then drill the receiver posts and hammer in the machine screw receivers into the new shell  .10 hours later it’s done it’s charging again ,headlights work, it balances and rides and speakers work Bluetooth is connecting to music but not app  .I also had my dad resolder the entire power,charge port and usb board cuz the entire thing looked like a 5 year old soldered it .damn Chinese ..the l.e.d strips and the speed screen still aren’t working but I can live without them .

• Like 1