V8F pedal sensitivity doesn't seem to do much if not leaning much

rcgldr

I lowered pedal sensitivity in steps from 100% down to 10% on my V8F, and didn't notice much difference, but since I weigh 187 lbs, I don't lean much on the V8F to avoid over-leaning it, and without much lean, maybe the sensitivity doesn't make much difference. Auto-tilt on incline | decline felt about the same, but I don't ride that shallow hill I test on very often.

The point of this is to see if this will reduce some calf muscle pain I get after riding for 15 to 20 minutes.

11 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

I don't lean much

This is the problem. The wheel’s only job is to keep you upright. Movement forward is a side effect. Pedal sensitivity only helps on big leans but you still have to lean. Just keep on practicing!

11 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

The point of this is to see if this will reduce some calf muscle pain I get after riding for 15 to 20 minutes.

Stand more forward on the pedals. Put your heels at the same level with the back of the pedal and let the toes hang out. And relax. 

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Pedal sensitivity only helps on big leans but you still have to lean.

Stand more forward on the pedals. Put your heels at the same level with the back of the pedal and let the toes hang out. And relax. 

I try to keep peak current below 20 amps (30 amp fuse) on the V8F, which is why I don't lean much, in case I hit a bump or something that would cause a current spike while accelerating.

Standing forwards didn't help, so I went back to centered feet, the same, the same as I see in most videos with advanced riders. So far, using shoes with stiffer soles but cushioned insides have helped the most. The sensitivity may have helped, but I was riding for 5 minutes, lowering sensitivity, riding another 5 minutes, lowering sensitivity again, ... , the final ride for about 10 minutes, not enough to see if it helped. I'm a casual rider, 10 months since I started and only 620 miles on my V8F.

Edited by rcgldr

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

It works very well.(It's so easy to ride then - no feet/muscle pains at all. It feel like you are simply standing.) But i got a small problem.. 1/3 of my feet is over pedal. When breaking it feels like i will slid of the pedals. :D 

1 hour ago, rcgldr said:

Standing forwards didn't help

You need to place the "ankles" where the pedal hangers are - the "L" hangers.

I also have increased pedal angle by +2degree (Whole euc front looks upwards.) - It helps with muscle pains, because you don't need to lean forwards as much..

(I'm 280lbs - i get those pains more..) Less leaning forwards = less pain.

Edited by Funky