My Mcm5 v2 does not turn on! (HELP)

Dimitri

So I went camping recently. I went offroading like sand that you won't really get stuck in. I decided to wash it. I got a hose and washed it from the outside and inside. I didn't really think about what could happen. so I put it on the grass to dry. It was like 65  Fahrenheit. 2 hours passed I went to check it out, I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't. I came back home that day. I set it in my room and left it over night. Woke up and it still won't turn on. I did not touch anything outside or inside nor open it. And now I'm texting here seeking for help. If anyone knows how to turn it on. It would be very nice. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

So I went camping recently. I went offroading like sand that you won't really get stuck in. I decided to wash it. I got a hose and washed it from the outside and inside. I didn't really think about what could happen. so I put it on the grass to dry. It was like 65  Fahrenheit. 2 hours passed I went to check it out, I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't. I came back home that day. I set it in my room and left it over night. Woke up and it still won't turn on. I did not touch anything outside or inside nor open it. And now I'm texting here seeking for help. If anyone knows how to turn it on. It would be very nice. 

How did you wash it??? Simply pure water over it? Did you turn it upside down (tire upwards) and then wash again?

Did you lay wet euc on it's side? Or was it standing upwards while drying?

Anyways it would be the same as washing laptop with hose. :D Don't keep it in room even now.. Maybe water has gotten in batteries - can start fire..

I bet motherboard is dead - water.

Makes me laugh - let's wash a electronic device with hose.. What can go wrong. :D  (Sorry..)

Edited by Funky
  • Sad 1

@Funky is right... store it in a place where nothing else will catch fire if it bursts into flames and make sure it's upright.

As soon as you can open it up, disconnect the battery and very very carefully dry everything. If the batteries are wet, you will want to unwrap them as soon as you can and dry them very carefully—soon. Corrosion sets in pretty quickly and that's death to the battery pack.

If you're lucky, you just got water into the power switch and all the other electronics are dry inside. If that's the case and you still have a decent amount of luck left the switch will dry out on its own and in a couple of days all will be good. A little less luck and you'll need to replace the switch. No luck at all you got water into the battery pack and it absolutely must be looked at by a battery professional, not a rando on the internet.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

@Funky is right... store it in a place where nothing else will catch fire if it bursts into flames and make sure it's upright.

As soon as you can open it up, disconnect the battery and very very carefully dry everything. If the batteries are wet, you will want to unwrap them as soon as you can and dry them very carefully—soon. Corrosion sets in pretty quickly and that's death to the battery pack.

If you're lucky, you just got water into the power switch and all the other electronics are dry inside. If that's the case and you still have a decent amount of luck left the switch will dry out on its own and in a couple of days all will be good. A little less luck and you'll need to replace the switch. No luck at all you got water into the battery pack and it absolutely must be looked at by a battery professional, not a rando on the internet.

He said he left it for a day.. Can say it's been already 2days.. Most of the "outside" water i bet is gone already. It may look like everything is fine - BUT IT ISN'T.

He needs to unwrap battery packs (Same time looking for water "marks") To see if there is any water.. Faster he can do that - the better.

Also if he doesn't unwrap the batteries.. "They seem dry.. It's okey.." After month the wheel starts to burn.. Because of damaged pack. He can keep riding for weeks/months. But one point the "damaged" pack burst into flames.

Off-topic. I'm not a genius is any way. I at least know what to do.. Doh electronic device got wet and it doesn't work anymore.. Hmm let me leave it there sitting, maybe it will work later.:facepalm: (Same time - problem is getting worse..) Let's hope there is no water damage on batteries. (They cost the most to replace..)

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:
16 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

I see a red light lit up inside your wheel I doubt any water got to your batteries 

yea everything looks dry to me. even though I'm no expert. everything's just dusty. me honesty I think it's the button it self got wet. I still need to check.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:
37 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

I see a red light lit up inside your wheel I doubt any water got to your batteries 

You know batteries can work under water also.. The problem is that we don't know if they are "wet" inside the wrap.. (They still can start to corrode.)

I wonder if water could get in the "wrapped" battery pack.. Only way to find out, would be to cut open the black wrap.

If you don't care that one day wheel blows up and burns down your house.. It's up to you.

Anyways if power button is not to blame. Then i say that motherboard probably are fried.. 

(IF YOU DON'T KNOW - what you are looking for / or to do what.. ) Find a euc work shop! Simply looking isn't "hard..." My granny can do that also.

Try "bypass" the power button - simply connect screwdriver +- connection from other side of power button.. Or bridge connections with small wire for seconds.. To see if euc powers up. (Do that while euc is standing..) < That way you can "rule" out broken power button.. 

Better find euc work shop.. (You may damage something while trying to "fix" it..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1