Tesla T3 Gotbegodeway why am I getting a speed beep at 30kph? -- SOLVED!

M640x

Hello all.  Hopefully someone can assist me pertaining to my Tesla T3.  I'm relatively new to Begode wheels.  I purchased this from ewheels and received it last week.

I am getting a speed beep at 30kph and so far haven't been able to figure out what's causing it.  Is there some kind of safety speed limiting until the wheel is ridden a certain distance?  I also posted a screenshot of my ride this morning.  I used 84% battery to go 13.07 km.  To me it seems low considering that I'm limited to 30kph.

Using the EUC World app, I have my max speed set at 49kph.  1st and 2nd alarms are off, 3rd is set to 49kph.  I've posted some app pics of various settings.  Also, where do I find the firmware version if I wanted to check/update it? 

Screenshot_20220611-083206.png

Screenshot_20220611-083501.png

Screenshot_20220611-083516.png

Screenshot_20220611-083224.png

Screenshot_20220611-083235.png

Edited by M640

Is the alarm 2 beeps repeating? That's the first alarm that appears at 30kph, so it probably isn't off.

The alarm stuff can be confusing. And it's easy for an app to accidentally re-enable (or not disable) the alarms. Note that, unless Begode uses a majorly updated board for the Tesla now (I don't know), any app cannot even read any alarm settings here, so don't trust what it displays. Just disable the 1st alarm again (and the second alarm, which would be 3 beeps at 35kph). Also don't confuse app alarms and wheel alarms (which the app just happens to enable or disable).

Getting 13km from going 100%->84% isn't super great, but seems very normal. Make sure your tire pressure is good.

No idea if the T3 even allows for firmware updating.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

My can. But the app is so bad. I haven't updated the firmware yet. My T3 is working well, though.

@M640 perhaps use the Begode app to disable the speed alarms again.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Then they had a major board revision! Maybe apps can read the alarm settings now.

My T3 is from the second batch near the end of 2021. So anything newer would be firmware upgradeable. I have no issues turning off the first two speed alarms. 

In any case, the OP is just bought it from eWheels, so he should be good. Plus eWheels has good tech support. 

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is the alarm 2 beeps repeating? That's the first alarm that appears at 30kph, so it probably isn't off.

The alarm stuff can be confusing. And it's easy for an app to accidentally re-enable (or not disable) the alarms. Note that, unless Begode uses a majorly updated board for the Tesla now (I don't know), any app cannot even read any alarm settings here, so don't trust what it displays. Just disable the 1st alarm again (and the second alarm, which would be 3 beeps at 35kph). Also don't confuse app alarms and wheel alarms (which the app just happens to enable or disable).

Getting 13km from going 100%->84% isn't super great, but seems very normal. Make sure your tire pressure is good.

Thanks for the info.  It's definitely the wheel beeps, I don't get beeps from my app.  I've gone thru the settings in both EUCW and Wheelog.  I can try it again.

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

My can. But the app is so bad. I haven't updated the firmware yet. My T3 is working well, though.

@M640 perhaps use the Begode app to disable the speed alarms again.

I haven't used the Begode app, scared I might F#$%k up the wheel even more.  As a last resort I may try that.

Ok so new info.  First thank you for all of the responses.  I'm a relative newbie with Gotbegode wheels : ).  Going on the info I've been receiving per the app and wheel

discrepancies I turned off all alarms.  I appear to now have no speed limiting.

I did a wheel spin while watching the app and I don't get speed limited until 51 km/h, full speed I think.  I know the wheel spin test is accurate because I did

the same testing previously and it was being limited at 30 km/h.  I also rode it this morning and got the exact same limiting at 30km/h. 

Tomorrow I'll have a go at the street again and see how it goes.  I don't have to worry about not having

alarms as my S.O.M.P. speedo won't allow me to touch or go past 40 km/h.  : p

As far as the range, I did some rough math and think at the rate I was going this morning I might have hit 50 miles of range.  Yeah, I'll take that.

Keep on keepin' on!

• Like 1

The older Gotways only had a few alarms:

1st alarm (2 beeps) on/off (at 30kph fixed speed for the Teslas)

2nd alarm (3 beeps) on/off (at 35kph fixed speed)

3rd alarm (5 beeps) cannot be disabled (at 50kph for the Tesla, lower with lower battery)

And you could set a tiltback speed.

That was all, and I'm not sure what more (if anything) the latest T3 (or Begodes in general) added.

In the above case, every other alarm or speed setting that's not tiltback is something an app does on its own. Or the app secretly re-enables one of the wheel alarms.

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The older Gotways only had a few alarms:

1st alarm (2 beeps) on/off (at 30kph fixed speed for the Teslas)

2nd alarm (3 beeps) on/off (at 35kph fixed speed)

3rd alarm (5 beeps) cannot be disabled (at 50kph for the Tesla, lower with lower battery)

And you could set a tiltback speed.

That was all, and I'm not sure what more (if anything) the latest T3 (or Begodes in general) added.

In the above case, every other alarm or speed setting that's not tiltback is something an app does on its own. Or the app secretly re-enables one of the wheel alarms.

Very cool, thanks for the info.  I rarely get to the set alarms in my wheels because I'm too skeerd to go that fast lol.  After almost 4 years, I can "feel" when I'm beyond 30km/h and rarely touch 40km/h.  My guess is no matter what I set the app to the wheel was defaulting to the info you've provided here.  I'm going to take a ride this morning or tomorrow to do some more testing.  Thanks again.

UPDATE:  Speed limiting is gone.  Very cool!  Just got back from a ride this morning.  I got it up to 40km/h and smooth as silk.

I love this display as well, unless I'm in direct sunlight I can glance down and see my speed at least, everything else is too small for my old eyes. lol.  

Edited by M640

• M640x changed the title to Tesla T3 Gotbegodeway why am I getting a speed beep at 30kph? -- SOLVED!
5 hours ago, M640 said:

UPDATE:  Speed limiting is gone.  Very cool!  Just got back from a ride this morning.  I got it up to 40km/h and smooth as silk.

That's great.

How would compare the T3 to your 18XL's?

21 hours ago, techyiam said:

That's great.

How would compare the T3 to your 18XL's?

18XL still wins as far as ride comfort.  I haven't found any other wheel that compares to the ride quality and comfort, hence the reason I have 2 of them.  With the new 2.5" tire on the T3, the ride is close and pretty smooth.

18XL wins in range.....always.  I've ridden both this week under the same conditions, speeds, etc and the 18XL always has 10% more battery for the same distance traveled.  It's all good though, the T3 is more than adequate.  It's got a bigger battery, cool display and now a 2.5" tire.

Edited by M640
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
21 minutes ago, lenfant said:

HI, on a T3 the stock  tire is 2.15, then how did you manage to  instal a 2.5 tire ?

Best regards

Actually, the tire on the T3 is 16 x 2.125.

I have tried to put on a 16 x 2.5 tire on a T3, and the tire wouldn't fit because the outer diameter of the tire was too large, not the width.

I also have read that there exist a 16 x 2.5 tire that would fit, but I don't know which tire that is.