Nylonove pedal Review (fit issue FIXED)

wstuart

I just got a set of used nylonove pedals for my shermax.

The securing plat doesn't even come close to properly fitting the pedal hangers (the holes don't line up.  There must be something I'm missing.

Does nylonove have different securing brackets?

Edited by wstuart

9 hours ago, wstuart said:

I just got a set of used nylonove pedals for my shermax.

The securing plat doesn't even come close to properly fitting the pedal hangers (the holes don't line up.  There must be something I'm missing.

Does nylonove have different securing brackets?

There appears to be many different foot plates.  Maybe you recieved the ones for a different brand. 

https://hulaj.market/en/54-nylonove

50 minutes ago, lazybones99 said:

I just bought a pair for my Max.

When you buy (new) pedals from Hulaj, the original Sherman and the Max are listed separately so, unfortunately, I think they are not compatible.

So I grinded down the brackets and made the hole a little larger.  This allowed the axel to go through.  I've ordered some titanium axels to try also.

I'm still trying to decide if I like these pedals.  They definitely make the ride softer - almost like having suspension.  I think they also make the handeling less precise and vague though.  Overall I think I appreciate the softer ride more than precise handling, so I think ill keep them. 

When I try them with titanium axel today I wonder if it will feel even softer.  Apparently titanium rods are supposed to make it feel like there is suspension. 

So I tried using the titanium rods.  Didn't feel that different

So then I tried using the nylonove rod.  When I then tried to remove the rod it got stuck in the pedal hanger.  I had to literally pedal and rod off my wheel with a grinder.

Edited by wstuart

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah so it totally contradicted my last post..... I went and bought a pair of nylonove pedals direct from Nylonove.  This pair went on SUPER easy.  I was almost able to press in the rod by hand!  

I bought the first pair used off a guy and I think maybe the brackets weren't correct for the Sherman Max.

The reason I ate my words and ended up getting a second set of pedals is the ride with these pedals is just too too comfortable to pass up.  Compared to all metal pedals, these really take alot of harshness out of the road imperfections. When you combine that with the smoothness and stability of the sherman, it makes for a very comfortable ride.  I sort of wouldn't want to ride my sherman without these pedals.

I liked them so much, I got a 2nd pair for my MSP HT which I use exclusively for offroad.  I'm curious to see how it affects the ride feel in that harsh environment. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I also have the Nylonove pedals on my Sherman Max.  Had Clark pedals on for a few weeks.  These Nylonove pedals really do reduce the harshness quite nicely. Mine also fit perfectly. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, wstuart said:

I liked them so much, I got a 2nd pair for my MSP HT which I use exclusively for offroad.  I'm curious to see how it affects the ride feel in that harsh environment.

Any update on how they affected your ride on the MSP HT?

Oh for sure.

Nylonove pedals are a GAME CHANGER on the MSP HT.  I use my MSP for offroad exclusively. The added cushion and comfort from these pedals allows me to go so much faster.  Also my knees and back don't hurt nearly as much! 

The best part is because the pedals give a little, I don't get bounced off the pedal when I hit large bumps - especially when I hit many large bumps/rocks in a row.  This makes the riding feel much safer.  With the nylone pedals, the flex in the pedal feels like it's absorbing some of the energy that would have bounced me off the wheel. This makes it feel like I have more weight on my pedals and much much more comfort and control.  

I also recently got nylonove pedals for my 16x and the experience was identical.

There's no way I could go back to metal pedals. In fact, if it weren't for these pedals I would be welling my non suspension wheels 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• wstuart changed the title to Nylonove pedal Review (fit issue FIXED)