Another Fake Sale - Veteran Sherman Electric Unicycle $822!!! And $14.49 Shipping!!! Somerset, NJ

I still have a hard time comprehending the audacity of things like this. Does nobody get the shit kicked out of them anymore, for lying and trying to steal from random people? Im too delicate to try something like this, as I've been beaten down before, for acting a fool. Part of that good ole youth learning curve, or at least it was. I guess most people are more fearless than I am nowadays....

• Like 1

Nope! But they should!!!! People aren't necessarily fearless; they just know the likelihood of repercussion is slim.

I say, bring back the beat back!

Edited by UniBlab
  • Like 1

if i was in the usa id buy it, its got 2 day buyer protection on the purchase, if its not shipped within 5 days of payment you are automatically refunded.

you either wind up with a new Sherman for $822 or youre money goes on a holiday for a week before coming back home

• Haha 2

I hate "bad apples" ruining other "good apples" causing a distrusts and suspicions all around if this weren't genuine. Forum administrator should ban such members from this forum. It's not a matter of censorship, but scamming! Talking about this sale link from UniBlab: https://offerup.co/guqHJ8BMgqb

9 hours ago, goatman said:

if i was in the usa id buy it, its got 2 day buyer protection on the purchase, if its not shipped within 5 days of payment you are automatically refunded.

you either wind up with a new Sherman for $822 or youre money goes on a holiday for a week before coming back home

Scammers like these do a lot of smart things to try and avoid potential chargebacks.

A lot of time they'll ask if you can pay some other way, like cashapp, zelle, etc. (so FB, offerup, ebay, craigslist, etc. can't issue a refund)

They ship an empty box/different product to you

They ship an empty box to a different address in your city.
For example I found out from an FB marketplace scam that Fedex does not tell you the recipient address if you have a tracking number. I bought something off FB marketplace that I was 50/50 on if it was a scam or someone lowballing themselves, not knowing the actual value of the laptop they were selling. I decided to jump on it since FB claims to have buyer protection and the account was nearly a decade old. Laptop weighs like 3.5lbs, the listed weight on the fedex order was 0.2lbs. I immediately contacted FB and the seller asking about it. Eventually it was "delivered" but I never received a package. My whole plan was to film myself opening it so I could use it for a claim with FB. I called Fedex asking about it, they said it was delivered, asked my address and when I said mine they said that wasn't the delivery address, and they wouldn't tell me the delivery address OR make a statement at least saying "The delivery address for Tracking #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is not my address". I was lucky that my original weight discrepency claim, and potentially other scams the account made, got FB to issue me a full refund and ban the account before I had to escalate with paypal/my bank.

If that seller shipped the same item weight (like just shipping rocks) there's a chance I never would've gotten my money back, it's possible FB would've sided with me but it's equally likely they would've sided with the seller.

You could always file a chargeback with your bank, but I would just use common sense. That Offerup account was created May 2022, and is selling a Sherman for well under MSRP. It's 100% not a real sale, these fake offerups appear every month with fresh accounts

Edited by TantasStarke
  • Upvote 2

Wisdom from Judge Judy: "If it is too good to be true, it's probably not." Why go through the hassles even you could get your money back? There are no free lunches or cheap lunches! You are thinking if it were true, I would have a Veteran Sherman for $822; if not, I get my money back. No.. your options are: You won't get a Veteran Sherman and mostly likely, not get your money back either without jumping through hoops and loops!