InMotion V11 Issues & Solutions Tracking Thread

WILSONEUC

V11 ISSUE TRACKING POLL  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Since you received your V11 did you have issues with your wheel?

• Yes (Wheel Did not cause injury to self or others)
    • Yes (Wheel Caused injury to self or others)
    • No issues
    • Unsure

Making this post as objective and based on facts as possible, so we can see what issues and fixes have occurred with the Inmotion V11 .

If there is or was an issue with your InMotion V11, please be objective and provide the facts of what is/was going on much as possible.

For  issues - Please Include 

-Issue(s)

-Result of the issue(s)?

-Retailer origin (was it eWheels, Euco, Alien Rides ect)?

-Condition of wheel / other factors before the issue? (weather, riding style, previous damage,  environmental, hazards, storage, charging, ect)

-Used/New?

-Batch or date received wheel from ?

For Fixes - Please include
-100% factual cause of the issue
-Working Solution to fix/repair/replace
-Steps to ensure issue(s)  didn't happen again. 

Edited by CyberV0LT
  • Like 1

• WILSONEUC changed the title to InMotion V11 Issues & Solutions Tracking Thread

Summary:  I purchased a V11 from ewheels in July '20.  During the maiden voyage at approx. 7 miles into the ride, the wheel shut off while going approx. 10 mph up a 7 degree hill.  I injured my shoulder and damage was caused to the wheel.

-Issue(s) Wheel cut off while traveling less than 10 mph up a 7 degree grade hill.  First 7 miles on brand new wheel.

-Result of the issue(s)? Shoulder injury, damage to wheel.

-Retailer origin (was it eWheels, Euco, Alien Rides ect)? eWheels

-Condition of wheel / other factors before the issue? (weather, riding style, previous damage,  environmental, hazards, storage, charging, ect). Full charge, 7 miles total on wheel, sunny weather approx. 80 degrees.

-Used/New? New

-Batch or date received wheel from ? 1st batch (as far as I know)

For Fixes - Please include
-100% factual cause of the issue:  Unknown, wheel was sent back to ewheels.
-Working Solution to fix/repair/replace: Unknown
-Steps to ensure issue(s)  didn't happen again. Never rode or purchased another V11.

I'm very interested in this topic- was close to pulling the trigger on a V11, but the guys at eWheels recommended against it. I told them safety was a top priority for me, and they said they've "seen maybe a 15% failure rate lately on these". So I'll wait for now, but if anyone has any info on what IM is doing to solve the problems, I'd love to know. I would still like to get a V11 in the not too distant future, if they can be made to be reliable.

• Sad 1

-Issue:
When out on a ride with a friend, we stopped somewhere and i turned on my inmotion app for stat tracking. Wheel stopped balancing, blinking battery light. wheel would not turn off. Could NOT connect it to the app.
Video here: 

-Result of the issue
Wheel did not balance, blinking battery light on wheel, could not shut off the V11. App would not connect to wheel after

-Retailer origin 
EWheels (purchased 4/23/22

-Condition of wheel / other factors before the issue? (weather, riding style, previous damage,  environmental, hazards, storage, charging, ect)
Was not connected to the app upon start of the ride. Weather was 80 degrees , low humidity, charge was at around 85 percent. Using Iphone

-Used/New?
New (purchased 4/23/22)

-Batch or date received wheel from ?
According to Jason 
"The batch system is not really used any more, since the V11s have been in circulation for almost two years now. We're probably on batch +20 right now 😂

What we can say is that OUR V11s are the latest & greatest, since they just came off the boat a few weeks ago. The feedback from the last 50+ that we've shipped out so far has been really solid. 

In this batch of V11s, the motors are fitted with the improved 6916 type bearings & seals, affording a better level of water resistance, but the V11 is still not a completely weather-resistant Wheel. Using in damp conditions, or a light sprinkling ought to be alright, but please try to avoid riding in wet weather. "

FIXES
-Cause of the issue was inmotion APP forced an update, but could not update the wheel due to bad cell service in the immediate area
image.thumb.png.aa1ad4e9d262f2785489d937bb995a5b.png
-Solution for "Wheel not turning off, not balancing after opening inmotion app" was to press power button 30 seconds until the wheel shut off. After that, the wheel did not show any power indicator on the wheel when pressing on the power button again. (Wheel enters low powered bluetooth state) After this , went into the Inmotion App and when pressing power button on wheel, the app connected to the wheel. After finding better cell service in different area, was able to update the wheel, wheel battery light/updating indicator came on. The wheel balanced after the update applied.

-Steps to ensure issue(s)  didn't happen again. 

in theory, to update the wheel at home when app prompts or to use EUC World to avoid updates .

If not wanting the forced update, and also you are out in public far away without a charger or with bad cell service , do NOT open Inmotion App period!
In theory, do not ride your wheel and open inmotion app at same time. Wheel might force update WHILE you are riding , causing the wheel not being able to balance you.

Edited by CyberV0LT
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 3:43 PM, KillingJoy said:

I have a lillte bit of play in the suspension. I can move it front to back just a few mm. Is this normal for a new wheel. I have 70 miles on it so far. 

What do you mean, "play in the susspension" like do you mean the top bolts are moving around or the rod is moving? If so just tighten the bolt underneath the cap .

Edited by CyberV0LT
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, BPU said:

Firmware is up to date. Wheel won’t turn off or balance. Holding down power button results in chime ending in “please” but powers off and doesn’t complete prompt. 

A few more details would be helpful.  Is this a new wheel?  Was there a crash?  Is is under warranty?  Does the wheel rotate by hand easily or is it harder to turn by hand?  Did the wheel act strangely lately?  Where was the wheel purchased from?