Weight belts....

I am seeing a pattern lately on high speed youtube cut-outs that results in road rash/severe bruising around the mid-rift; specifically the side/front which is a particularly vulnerable area. If we don't have a jacket/trouser combo that can be hooked up together, Is it time to add a weight belt to our arsenal of protective gear?

• Like 1

My moto pants came with a zipper that goes all the way around—had to have a tailor sew the mate-with to the inner liner of my moto jacket. Oddly, the jacket only has a short zipper in the back. I've added a mate-with short zipper to my riding jeans (no zipper comes with) and was going to add a short back zipper to my (newly arrived) Lazyrolling but that'll just keep the back of the jacket from riding up so my side/midriff still won't be protected. But I hopefully won't get pantsed.

A leather weight (lifting) belt or a back support belt is a really good idea. Something that'll stay put and at least slow down the abrasion… and won't get hot and melt/burn!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

I've just dug out my leather weight belt so may give it a try one of these days.. rather than buying a wheel this year i updated my protective gear. Dainese Armour pants to go under my surf shorts in summer, and a Alpinestars BionicTec V2 jacket for summer too.