KS16X trolley handle firmness

I just picked up a used KS16X and am surprised by how much play there is in the trolley handle. Even with the screws tightened all the way, the handle does not seem very snug against the rails, and the rails themselves seem to have a lot of play as they extend from the body. Overall the whole thing feels quite loose/floppy.

Is this normal/expected? If so, I guess I can live with it, though it certainly doesn’t feel as secure or satisfying as the trolley handle on my MCM5v2.

If not, any suggestions for how to get the handle assembly to be a bit firmer?

Edited by the_deeb

Sadly, it's pretty normal. Do take care to make sure the screws in the handle remain tight—they work themselves loose and when you lose one the next time you use the trolley you run the risk of losing pieces. Not that I have ever had to backtrack several miles to find my pieces or anything, just a warning.

I believe one member was able to remove some of the play on an S18 trolley handle (same problem but not as bad as the 16X) by putting o-rings at the top of the poles to fill the gap. I haven't tried that, I sort of resigned myself to the handle being floppy. At least it doesn't jam up. And the handle doesn't break off.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Sadly, it's pretty normal. Do take care to make sure the screws in the handle remain tight—they work themselves loose and when you lose one the next time you use the trolley you run the risk of losing pieces.

I changed those small screws on my 18xl for ~5mm longer ones.. (There where space for longer ones.) You could also get even longer ones and put a "nut" at the end.. Doh it will look little bit silly - 2 small nuts, one on each side of handle +threadlocker, you won't ever lose the handle. :D 

Edited by Funky