Just got an old Kingsong 18S Used for $340. Batteries only charge 40%

Also, it randomly won't turn on. It's a well used wheel, it has 3000 miles on it. The speakers and bluetooth still work. It rode fine when I tried it. Hoping that if I replace the batteries it'll be good to go, but I'm sure there's some other things I'll need to do. 

What would people recommend? 

• Like 1

Contact ewheels.com via email (sales@ewheels.com) and ask if they still have some 18S battery packs for sale. They used to have them.

Maybe you can also find someone to diagnose and possibly repair your existing packs. Depending on what the problem is, this might be the cheaper option.

You can also disconnect all packs and connect each individual pack alone and see if it charges further (not sure how many packs there are). Maybe just one is bad? Careful, do no connect packs with different voltages back together!

Just now, bostonEUC14 said:

Also, it randomly won't turn on.

Not sure about that. Might just be the power button? Board? Hard to say.

• Like 1

So I reached out to eWheels and was able to get my wheel functional..I think. So far so good. This is what they said to do:

To determine which pack is inhibiting charge, simply leave them in place in the wheel, but unplug all but one pack. Then simply charge as you would normally through the wheel's charge port. If the pack continues to charge above 58.7v, it's still good. Continue on in this manner, plug one pack in at a time, until you identify the pack that is stuck at 58.7v. Once the bad pack is identified, remove that one from the wheel and discard it. There should be some lithium battery recycling options in your area. You might check with your local Lowe's store. It's exceedingly rare for these packs to spontaneously degrade, but there's also no point in keeping it around, either.

The wheel's battery capacity will decrease, of course, as will your safety buffer, so you'll need to ride more conservatively. But the wheel will be able to charge to full, and is otherwise operational. 

So that's what I did. I figured out which battery was bad. Then disconnected it from the wheel completely. Then let the two others charge fully, and so far so good. I've lost some range and power, but it seems to be functional. Hope this helps someone else that has this issue. I wasn't able to find any parts for it anywhere, otherwise I would have bought a replacement battery. Ewheels had no parts to sell. 
  • Like 1