EUC world logs (alarm codes)

Alarm field in EUC World CSV logs is a bitmapped value that may be a combination (sum) of following alarm values:

• 1 - 3rd (highest priority) speed alarm
  • 2 - 2nd (medium priority) speed alarm
  • 4 - 1st (lowest priority) speed alarm
  • 8 - peak current alarm
  • 16 - sustained current alarm
  • 32 - temperature alarm
  • 64 - overvoltage alarm
  • 128 - data marker event (not an alarm; this event is recorded after execution of "Data marker" custom action, for example to mark some moment/location in CSV log by pressing on Flic button etc.)
  • 256 - safety margin alarm
  • 512 - speed limit alarm
  • 1024 - undervoltage alarm (added in version 2.18, will activate when battery voltage will drop to or below 2.9 V per cell)

For example value of 9 means that both 3rd speed alarm and peak current alarm are active at the same time, 776 means that peak current, safety margin and speed limit alarms are active at the same time etc.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Seba said:

Alarm field in EUC World CSV logs is a bitmapped value that may be a combination (sum) of following alarm values:

• 1 - 3rd (highest priority) speed alarm
  • 2 - 2nd (medium priority) speed alarm
  • 4 - 1st (lowest priority) speed alarm
  • 8 - peak current alarm
  • 16 - sustained current alarm
  • 32 - temperature alarm
  • 64 - overvoltage alarm
  • 128 - data marker event (not an alarm; this event is recorded after execution of "Data marker" custom action, for example to mark some moment/location in CSV log by pressing on Flic button etc.)
  • 256 - safety margin alarm
  • 512 - speed limit alarm
  • 1024 - undervoltage alarm (added in version 2.18, will activate when battery voltage will drop to or below 2.9 V per cell)

For example value of 9 means that both 3rd speed alarm and peak current alarm are active at the same time, 776 means that peak current, safety margin and speed limit alarms are active at the same time etc.

Thanks @Sebavery useful information! Keep up the amazing work

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
13 hours ago, euc_er said:

hi 

what are 258 and 260 codes, 

I got there 2 codes today with exn 

thanks

Most likely these active at the same time:

256+2= 258 safety margin & second speed alarm

256+4=260 safety margin and first speed alarm

I believe the speed alarms are the ones set in EUC world so I would start by comparing the settings to what your log says as well as check your safety margin in the log against the setting to know for sure if it was those.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, spitfire1337 said:

Most likely these active at the same time:

256+2= 258 safety margin & second speed alarm

256+4=260 safety margin and first speed alarm

I believe the speed alarms are the ones set in EUC world so I would start by comparing the settings to what your log says as well as check your safety margin in the log against the setting to know for sure if it was those.

Thank you very much for your engagement. I don't think there is an alarm about the safety margin, because even when I tested 68 last month, the safety range was down to 21 ( no alarm) and I don't think it's a low value, but  I set speed alarm myself in euc world were at low speeds, their range is 58-60 and 65 kmh. Note I made the colorings on the excel table myself.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 4:31 AM, euc_er said:

Thank you very much for your engagement. I don't think there is an alarm about the safety margin, because even when I tested 68 last month, the safety range was down to 21 ( no alarm) and I don't think it's a low value, but  I set speed alarm myself in euc world were at low speeds, their range is 58-60 and 65 kmh. Note I made the colorings on the excel table myself.

So then yes the speed alarms are what's triggering since your speed is above the threshold, what is your safety margin alarm set at in EUC world? (There is a setting for this under alarms in EUC world) if it's set above 28% than it'll trigger it, or if you have use wheel alarms enabled then the wheel is reporting an alarm as those are definitely the triggered alarms.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, euc_er said:

Safety margin alarm may be raised by one of following events:

1. Safety margin drops to or below a safety margin alarm threshold, as set in "Alarms" menu. By default this threshold is set to 20 %.
  2. Wheel sends information about active PWM/safety margin beep.

So even if the safety margin is above alarm threshold value, if only wheel "PWM beep" is active (and wheel is capable of sending this information to the app), EUC World will also assert safety margin alarm. This is by default disabled, but may be enabled by checking "Use wheel alarms" option in "Alarms" menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spitfire1337 said:

So then yes the speed alarms are what's triggering since your speed is above the threshold, what is your safety margin alarm set at in EUC world? (There is a setting for this under alarms in EUC world) if it's set above 28% than it'll trigger it, or if you have use wheel alarms enabled then the wheel is reporting an alarm as those are definitely the triggered alarms.

thank you, yes when i check my settings safety margin is %28 and "use wheel alarms" enabled 👍👍👍

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Safety margin alarm may be raised by one of following events:

1. Safety margin drops to or below a safety margin alarm threshold, as set in "Alarms" menu. By default this threshold is set to 20 %.
  2. Wheel sends information about active PWM/safety margin beep.

So even if the safety margin is above alarm threshold value, if only wheel "PWM beep" is active (and wheel is capable of sending this information to the app), EUC World will also assert safety margin alarm. This is by default disabled, but may be enabled by checking "Use wheel alarms" option in "Alarms" menu.

thank you very much you're right, I checked my settings.

it seems that the alarms are due to speed and safty margin.