Buying rs19 hs .shell issues?

I contacted ewheels about purchasing a new rs19 hs and they said they have them in stock but they are experiencing problems with the shell bolt holes being weak and that if I purchased the wheel I could wait two weeks for them to swap out new shells or they could send me a new shell along with my order and take 100$ off my purchase price .just wondering if anyone has experienced problems with their rs shells.Iā€™m thinking that just ordering and having an extra shell sitting on deck incase I have issue might be the right way to go.your thoughts ?

A rider here in Chicago, @arcyenom , did this exact thing.Ā  Hopefully he can chime in and relate his experience.Ā Ā 

This is his topic:

Ā 

I took someone else's advice and bought some longer screws. Did the job for most of the holes but there's at least one that is still an issue. I believe an even longer screw would resolve that too. I'd wait the extra 2 weeks if I were in your shoes but if you want to save money it's about a $2 fix if your shell is in the same shape as mine was.

Edited by arcyenom
  • Like 1

I purchase my RS19 from EUCO January 2022, latest batch. The first wheel they sent me had broken screw holders under the shell, they had me send that back and sent me a whole new wheel. This one was fine, or so I thought, until I had to open it up recently and discovered two new screw holders that had ruptured (one on each side, bottom near the pedals).Ā 

3 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

I purchase my RS19 from EUCO January 2022, latest batch. The first wheel they sent me had broken screw holders under the shell, they had me send that back and sent me a whole new wheel. This one was fine, or so I thought, until I had to open it up recently and discovered two new screw holders that had ruptured (one on each side, bottom near the pedals).Ā 

Yeah ewheels had ordered new reinforced shells for their rs19ā€™s they said all this latest batch were extremely weak and they plan on switching them out butĀ Ā said they didnā€™t have the man power to switch them all out right away and it would be two weeks or so before they got them all switched .but said if I wanted to take on the challenge myself they would take 100$ off the wheel and also send me out the reinforced shell ..and if nothing is broke that will be sweet cuz Iā€™ll atleast have a back up that is a much better quality shell and considering this is my first wheel Iā€™ll probably be dropping it quite a bit and it willl be nice knowing I have the extra oneĀ