Foot Guides

Ever since I started riding, I always tried to ride with my feet positioned symmetrically, despite a natural tendency not to. Since I always forced myself, my feet now are naturally pretty symmetrical. The problem is I still have to shuffle my feet around while riding and occasionally look down to get them even. 

I would like to see an adjustable attachment for pedals that you can place your feet against to feel your default position. Basically on the inner toe area (how splayed your feet are), and possibly one in front of your toes. You'd just push your feet up and inward until you hit the guides and you'd know you're even. What do you think of the idea?

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 1

I made some toe hooks awhile ago. Not bad. I used them a fair bit, but I recently tried some pads and I’m trying them out now. The biggest issue I had with the hooks were they fit best with certain footwear and aren’t great if you want to move your feet around to get the blood flowing. I did like them for torque, steering and keeping your feet planted after hitting bumps. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My soft pads do just that, but at the ankle level:

916F9D2F-CDEB-45A3-B3D5-3CAEE6A5693F.thumb.jpeg.28d1edaf5ebaf9203d86b087a6095e6b.jpeg

Do you have something behind those foot pads to help give support? I’ve found the rails don’t have much room and most pieces hang over the sides. I’m curious about your solution. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Do you have something behind those foot pads to help give support? I’ve found the rails don’t have much room and most pieces hang over the sides. I’m curious about your solution. 

Yes, I cut a piece of some 4mm thick plastic I had laying around, and built the pads on that. A good double sided adhesive makes for a solid connection, for every layer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1