DarknessBot controls problems with Inmotion V10

Hello, I am using darknessbot together with iWatch 5 and IPhone 13 with my Inmotion V10 FW v2.2.10. I like it a lot but I found an issue that some controls are not working from the app. I would really like to use the horn on my watches but it works only sporadically. Light is always working good but honk and side lights are not. I know the horn technically works because of tiltback. Sometimes it really works also with the app but most of the times it doesnt work and I havent found out the reason behind these problems. Restarting the app (phone , watch) or EUC doesnt help. Maybe thats some known problem of the Inmotion V10? Any ideas please?

I am not connected to the speaker of V10 and it doesnt work using darknessbot from phone alone (without watches).

Anyway I have a little suggestion for the developers. It would be great if they added notifications. One great example for usage is battery charging. So I would be notified when the EUC gets to 90% charge and I could get the charger switched off early - being nice to my battery

14 minutes ago, lagger said:

So I would be notified when the EUC gets to 90% charge

All Euc's but some ninebots show state of charge (soc) by linearly approximation from cell voltage - some average cell voltage of 3.15-3.3V is 0%, some 4.1xV and higher is 100%.

So during charging they already show 100% while the real soc is still somewhere in the 80-9x% range.

14 minutes ago, lagger said:

and I could get the charger switched off early - being nice to my battery

V10 has certainly not linear approximation but lookup table / or polynomial mapping so the SOC is actually quite realistic in steady states. The SOC calculation is simple and is off in dynamic situations. The battery is not modeled and current / internal resistance time constants not taken into account but in charging this doesnt matter.

I have experience with accumulator pack design. Dont want to go deep into technicalities here but I still stand behind that I would like the customisable battery charging notification and I could find a good use of it on my V10.

Edited by lagger

20 minutes ago, lagger said:

V10 has certainly not linear approximation but lookup table / or polynomial mapping so the SOC is actually quite realistic in steady states.

Interesting! Could be that this changed with firmware versions or was not really "announced" so that outside observers like me noticed this?

This is optionally done also by darknessbot/EUC World, too.

The SOC calculation is simple and is off in dynamic situations. The battery is not modeled and current / internal resistance time constants not taken into account but in charging this doesnt matter.

As you want to stop at for example at 90% soc this matters - as any fixed voltage to soc mapping cannot determine a realistic soc number for the constant voltage stage of charging. 

This distinguishing would need some coloumb counter.

But luckily soc is somewhere in the 80%-9x% range at the beginning of the cv stage, so that should be about usable?

I have experience with accumulator pack design. Dont want to go deep into technicalities here but I still stand behind that I would like the customisable battery charging notification and I could find a good use of it on my V10.

Maybe you want to obtain some cheap android phone and change to EUC World. I'm not perfectly sure there is charge state notifications but in combination with a tplink hs110 one can stop charging at different soc levels. As the hs110 is disontinued 

Afair there is also ?some open api? for euc world so one can realize otherwise not supported functionality?

Maybe also some of the other projects (esp32, stand alone watches,..) could be of interest?

22 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Interesting! Could be that this changed with firmware versions or was not really "announced" so that outside observers like me noticed this?

This is optionally done also by darknessbot/EUC World, too.

Maybe thats not V10 reported SoC but DarknessBot maps it? Not sure but it works quite nice.

As you want to stop at for example at 90% soc this matters - as any fixed voltage to soc mapping cannot determine a realistic soc number for the constant voltage stage of charging. 

This distinguishing would need some coloumb counter.

But luckily soc is somewhere in the 80%-9x% range at the beginning of the cv stage, so that should be about usable?

I am charging with standard charger at 0.3 C rate. The constant current phase is long and constant voltage extremely short (around 95-100%). You get very precise reading and doesnt have to correct for anything because the effects are minimal. Coloumb counter would drift, and give less precise results in this situation.

Maybe you want to obtain some cheap android phone and change to EUC World. I'm not perfectly sure there is charge state notifications but in combination with a tplink hs110 one can stop charging at different soc levels. As the hs110 is disontinued 

I like my phone, watch and DarknessBot. This is just a suggestion for improvement. Not planning to buy some cheap phone, not much benefits.

• Like 1