[SOLD] Europe - Veteran Sherman - €2400 + shipping

Legend27

6SqGhVQ.jpg

[SOLD] [SOLD] [SOLD]

PRICE: €2400 + shipping

[SOLD] [SOLD] [SOLD]

MORE PICTURES: https://imgur.com/a/ukSiZ8P

Hey everyone! :)

I’m selling my fantastic Veteran Sherman. I hate to do it, but after my recent encounter with the police, I don’t have the balls to ride it anymore.

The wheel is almost brand new with only about 300 km ridden in total, there has however been made a decent amount of modifications to the wheel, to suit the use for food delivery and longevity. Before I get into that though, I’ll start off with some basic details :)

The wheel was bought mid October 2021 from MyEWheel, however I first began using it start December 2021. As far as I can tell, the wheel was produced back in June 2021. I believe it was from one of the last batches ever to be made of the Sherman with 18650 cells. The wheel was only used for deliveries with Wolt, so no off-roading and fortunately I never got time to crash it :) I did however ride in snow, possibly including salt, a few times, but it’s not something I’d worry about. Why will be mentioned further down :)

In terms of warranty, I honestly think it’s been voided… As mentioned, there has been made a decent amount of modifications to the wheel, so in some way, it would only make sense for it to have been voided… That said, the warranty did come to good use! :)

While I had the wheel, I also had it fully disassembled, and thank god for that. Inside the original motor, I noticed a hall sensor wire was lacking insulation and had been grinded down to about half it’s original thickness. Fortunately, MyEWheel got me sorted very quickly and I got a new motor shipped directly from LeaperKim. New motor looked great and problem solved :)

Now all that talk about voided warranty, in case something ever is to happen to the wheel (not user error), please don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll try my best to help sort it out.

Enough talk about “decent amount of modifications”, what has actually been done?

Firstly, the original bearings were swapped out with some brand new from SKF. Will it many any difference in the real world? I got absolutely no idea, but I sure know which I would put my money on. Secondly, the motor was made salt and water resistant, which I know from experience works absolutely fantastic. I did a similar thing to my old Gotway Nikola and rode at least 5000 km, which involved both water and salt, and when time came to open up the motor again, it showed no signs of wear. That is also why I wouldn’t worry about my little riding in snow and possibly salt :)

To achieve the salt and water resistance, I covered the bearings in grease on the outside and put a line of silicone between the motor cover and rim. I also know from experience that the motor covers are a PITA to remove after they’ve been mounted with silicone, so I’ve made two small cutouts in each cover to help pry it open in such a case. Those cutouts make the difference between day and night.

To make the wheel more water resistant, I’ve also put silicone in the joint between the two large plastic parts that make the housing, and made a small rain cover that goes over the trolley handle to prevent water from sipping down through. I originally also had silicone in the top part of the side cover joints, however I removed it upon sale. In case buyer is interested, I can add it again for free, however please note it will take some time to dry :)

Back to the motor, the pedal hangers have handmade shims. Yea seriously, handmade. The ones that arrived with wheel originally, made it absolutely impossible for me to get the 2 pedal hangers aligned during reassembly, since they were slightly bent. I ended up spending way to long time making sanding guides and so on to make some new out of flat bar steel. The shims themselves turned out really good, however unfortunately I never managed to get the pedal hangers absolutely spot on aligned. It was only a 0.5mm difference though, which I think is acceptable. You won’t ever notice it, it’ll only mess with your brain, haha :) In case you ever are to disassemble the pedal hangers, I’ll strongly recommend you get some new shims as well. They’re dirt cheap, just not always easy to get a hold of quickly.

Not really a modification, but I have also installed anti-puncture insert and added blue Armor Dilloz slime, which should make sure you’ll never encounter a flat :)

There has also been made a few modifications to the electronics. I’ve changed the original XT60 connectors on the battery and mainboard to XT90-anti spark, which removes the otherwise well-known sparks. They’re also capable of handling more current, but it’s not something that was ever a problem with the 30A fuse installed for each battery. I made sure to add a zip tie around the connectors to make sure they won’t ever disconnect mid ride :)

I have also soldered on 4 new JST connectors on the mainboard. Before you totally panic, I did noticeable more aggressive soldering on my previous Nikola by swapping out the motor phase wire connectors. I managed to get close to 10.000 km on the Nikola, so I wouldn’t worry about my soldering :)

Anyway, the new ports outputs a few different voltages and I believe it is the following:

-          Red = full wheel voltage

-          Yellow = 12V

-          Green = 5V

-          Blue = I don’t remember

I am absolutely certain the yellow port outputs 12V, however please make sure to check the others before connecting anything! :)

I added the ports so I could install a 12V alarm and 12V GPS tracker. The GPS tracker is no longer installed in the wheel, however the alarm is still. In case you don’t like the alarm, it’s super easily removed. Literally just a plug. With the new connectors, it makes it super easy to add almost whatever accessories you’d like, such as LED lights. Only too much current and your own imagination is the limit :)

As you can probably tell from the alarm and GPS tracker, security was pretty important to me. Because of that, I also added a key mechanism I once saw EUCGuy make. I think it’s a super smart way to make sure thieves can not just turn your wheel off, and therefore also the GPS tracker. The key can super easily be bypassed (when the wheel is disassembled, haha:)) just by swapping out a cable, which it currently is now. To be used, it’s the extra added GX16 port in the front of the wheel. Don’t worry about accidentally plugging the key into one of the charge ports, it won’t do any damage :)

Inside the wheel, I’ve also added 3D printed supports in the center, which should move the stress from the batteries into the case and therefore prevent BMS issues. Should also just in general make the wheel safer by not having any weight put on the batteries.

That was it for the inside of the wheel, now for the outside. As you can tell from the pictures, I’ve added reflective tape more or less everywhere possible. The police actually approved them and most importantly, it makes you easier to be seen by cars and so on. I’ve also added a 3D printed mudguard in PETG. Ideally it should have been made of some flexible filament, but it seems to do the job okay, at least for when it bumps into a wall. Lastly, I’ve also added pedal flippers, which makes it super easy to pull down the pedals.

An absolute must for any wheel IMO is side pads. I’ve made some myself and they are included with the wheel. In case you don’t like them, you can easily attach your own since both side panels are covered in velcro :)

Believe it or not, I think that was everything about the wheel itself, now for accessories :)

The wheel comes with 2 chargers. One original and one unofficial. I’ve done a few modifications to the unofficial, by adding a display and making both cables removable for easy transport. I haven’t actually used the unofficial charger for the wheel, however it’s nice to have as a backup or for faster charging in case it’s needed. Manual for the display can be found here on the product page here :)https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843101778.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.0.0.4e20f19c1oG4zD

Original side pads are included. They have been mounted once, but I didn’t like them. Please note they use double sided tape, so something will have to be done before you can use them.

Then of course there is a key for the wheel and a key for the alarm. There is no spare key for the wheel itself, however there is a spare key and manual for the alarm.

Lastly, there is also the previously mentioned rain cover and a very small amount of blue Armor Dilloz.

Now for the most important. In terms of price, I would like to get 2900€ for everything including shipping everywhere in Europe. There is a small but, and that’s if shipping is like 500€, but sent me a message and we’ll work it out :) I am also very open to offers, so please don’t hesitate. I also have tons of pictures of the wheel, so feel free to let me know :)

The wheel will be shipped via UPS in its original box and accessories in a different package.

Happy riding!

Edited by Legend27
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legend27 changed the title to Europe - €2750 Veteran Sherman free shipping
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like you've put a lot of love and care to the wheel, shame the law in Denmark is so backwards. Hope you can find some legal alternative to the sherman, (maybe e-bike or e-moto?)

Not looking to buy, just wanted to comment :D

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MKO said:

Seems like you've put a lot of love and care to the wheel, shame the law in Denmark is so backwards. Hope you can find some legal alternative to the sherman, (maybe e-bike or e-moto?)

Not looking to buy, just wanted to comment :D

I really appreciate your comment no matter if you're interested or not :D I think I ended up spending more time working on the wheel than actually riding it :efefa6edcf:

I'm currently using an electric moped that is limited to 30 km/h, which is legal. I miss my Sherman everytime I ride it though 😅

1 hour ago, Legend27 said:

I really appreciate your comment no matter if you're interested or not :D I think I ended up spending more time working on the wheel than actually riding it :efefa6edcf:

I'm currently using an electric moped that is limited to 30 km/h, which is legal. I miss my Sherman everytime I ride it though 😅

Wow that's so lame! Are police in Denmark cracking down hard on euc riders?

14 hours ago, MKO said:

Wow that's so lame! Are police in Denmark cracking down hard on euc riders?

Not really.

I've driven past the police countless times over the 2 years, especially after I started delivering food, heck, I've even once driven past a police raid without any problems.

I just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and probably became a bit too noticeable due to my high acceleration. Something that will never happen on that E-moped :D

Bump

Lowering price to 2500 EUR + shipping.

Offers are also very welcome. I'm moving away from home at the start May without my wheel, which unfortunately also limits my ability to sell the wheel, so I somewhat need it gone before that 😅

Happy easter!

• Legend27 changed the title to Europe - Veteran Sherman - €2500 + shipping
5 hours ago, Vit Hl said:

Hi @Legend27,

I would like our conversation to continue but as 'Rookie' member I can only send 2 messages per day😅.
Not sure if this is correct way but would you add me on messenger 😊https://m.me/hlavacek.vitek

Thankss

Sent you a message over on Messenger 😃

4 hours ago, Glenzin said:

Hi - also interested. Drop me a line :)

Sent you a message 😃

• Legend27 changed the title to [SOLD] Europe - Veteran Sherman - €2400 + shipping