SOLD for €350 locally - Europe - €450 MTen3 84V 512wh for sale with free shipping to most EU countries

Legend27

yhwkqbH.jpg

PRICE: 450€ including free shipping to most EU countries

MORE PICTURES: https://imgur.com/a/jIk47q6 

Hey everyone! :)

I’m selling my beloved MTen3 84V 512wh, even though I never thought I’d sell it. After I’ve gotten myself a moped, I’ve come to the unfortunate conclusion that I won’t be using the wheel much anymore though.

The wheel was bought back in March 2020 directly from Gotway and has since then ridden a total of 1150 km. From my experience, the wheel has a safe top speed slightly above 30 km/h and a safe range of about 25 km (70 kg).

I’ve mostly used the wheel in combination with public transportation and it has been absolutely fantastic for that purpose. It fits great in my 40L backpack with a helmet and backpack and with only a weight of about 10 kg, it’s not too heavy on the back either.

Overall, I’d consider the wheel to be in pretty good. It doesn’t have any cracks in the plastic, there is however a few scratches here and there, which also reveals that the wheel was once white.

The motor was swapped at around the 500 km mark, since I couldn’t get the two motor pillars aligned after full disassembly. I ended up concluding the issue was the axle and therefore had to purchase a new motor. The new motor got SKF bearings installed and a waterproofing job that has worked fantastic. To support that statement, I did a similar waterproofing job on my old Nikola, which got to ride at least 5000 km in water and salt, and didn’t show any signs of wear once disassembled.

Regarding water, I would never actually suggest anyone to ride in it though. That said, you can’t be dependent on the weather, so sometimes shit happens. I’ve gotten caught in rain a few times on this wheel and it honestly haven’t worried me very much. The plastic shell has silicone in all joints and to add further, the wheel is already designed pretty well to keep water out. That dark plastic center piece is what mainly keeps the water out.

The tire was changed not so long ago after I had a series of punctures. I eventually had enough and installed a brand new unoriginal tire, anti-puncture insert and red Armor Dilloz slime. Unfortunately, I can’t remember how long the new tire has ridden, however you can still see the red line it comes with from factory :) Unfortunately though, during installation of those things, I managed to scratch the black rim quite a bit…

While I installed the new tire, I also installed a new tube. Unfortunately, the new tubes valve is angled a bit bad, which meant it originally hit the plastic shell slightly. That said, it was not something a file couldn’t fix :) It now runs fine now, I will say though, that I’ve notice it sometimes hits just very slightly during a turn. I wouldn’t really call it an issue, however in case it bothers you, you should be able to remove just a very tiny bit more plastic :)

That’s not all though, another modification has also been done to the plastic shell. Originally the 2 halfs were held together by wooden screws, however they eventually gave up, so I decided to swap them out for plastic inserts. They’re not all the most beautiful, however they should be decently strong, at least enough to tighten the screws moderately. On top of that, the two halfs are also being held together by the dark center plastic thing.

Electronics have also been touched, though it’s limited. I’ve installed a XT-90 anti-spark connector between the battery and mainboard, which eliminates the otherwise well known spikes… I’ve also installed a fuse on the charge port and I believe it’s rated at 5A. What that means, is in case you ever accidentally stick your keys in the charge port, it should just pop the fuse, instead of making lots of sparks and possibly smoke. Of course the fuse will need to be changed then, but could be worse :) 

With the wheel comes the standard charger (1.5A) and an unofficial fast charger (3.5A). Throughout the whole time I’ve had the wheel, I’ve only used the fast charger. Fast might be strong words though, I believe the 2 cells in parallel have a capacity of 3.5 Ah each, which means the cells have only been charged at the usual standard 0.5C charge current. In case that was a bit confusing, most importantly, the wheel still has lots of charge cycles remaining before it will start to degrade :)

There is however a slight issue with the fast charger though. 9 out of 10 times, the fan doesn’t run very well in the beginning and needs to be “kick started” by blowing at it. Once it gets going though, it works perfectly fine. I’m pretty sure it can be repaired by getting a new fan, since I previously tried to install a more silent fan and it worked perfectly from the start, but then another issue popped up, the charger got too hot… Oh yea, did I forget to mention the fast charger makes shit ton of noise?...

Another small issue is the buzzer inside the wheel. Sometimes the sound gets slightly lowered temporary. Some time will pass by and then all of a sudden it will work perfectly fine again. I’ve previously had a similar issue with my Nikola where a new buzzer solved the issue so it might be worth a try :) 

With the wheel, lots of old spare parts will also be included that I’ll otherwise just be throw out. The original tire, tons of tubes, though most have a slight puncture after failed installation attempt. A set of motor pillars and 2 sets of motor shims, though probably only one set of useful shims.

Lastly, the pedals have also gotten installed Vicious griptape, which is extra coarse compared to stock.

And that was it :) I really hope I managed to mention all details about the wheel, however to be realistic, it’s very possible I’ve missed something… In case you got any questions, please feel free to let me know and I’ll be happy to help. I have lots of pictures from inside of the wheel in case you’re interested in that :) 

Now for the most important part, price. I’d like to get 450€ for everything with free shipping to most EU countries. I’m also very open to offers, so please feel free to contact me with those :) The wheel is located in Denmark, more specifically Copenhagen.

Happy riding!

Edited by Legend27

• 2 weeks later...
  • Legend27 changed the title to SOLD for €350 locally - Europe - €450 MTen3 84V 512wh for sale with free shipping to most EU countries
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Legend27,

what I was so afraid of actually happened, the moment I expressed interest (and actually decided your beautiful wheel is worth expanding budget almost twice), someone else joined in the conversation. I dont know if you are just afk or dont use messenger so I am dropping my email (hlavacekvitek@gmail.com) as well. Please get back to be on either messenger or gmail. I can offer you being very kind and look after the wheel in your steed:).

Vitek

• Like 1