Tacoma, WA riders

Prisondude

Welcome (or nearly welcome) to the insanity! I'm in the general area (Seattle, Alki) and could show off for you, but do know that until you invest a bit of time learning it won't be any fun at all for you. I'm away until next month, but ping me if you want to see one up close and personal, perhaps standing on it while clutching a dumpster. You will need to "come to the island" though, with the bridge still being broken I don't leave much.

There are at least two other forum members that are closer to you than I am, perhaps they'll reach out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Welcome (or nearly welcome) to the insanity! I'm in the general area (Seattle, Alki) and could show off for you, but do know that until you invest a bit of time learning it won't be any fun at all for you. I'm away until next month, but ping me if you want to see one up close and personal, perhaps standing on it while clutching a dumpster. You will need to "come to the island" though, with the bridge still being broken I don't leave much.

There are at least two other forum members that are closer to you than I am, perhaps they'll reach out!

Is be interested to at least stand on one I just have seen couple people riding and like I want to try 

• 2 years later...

Firing up this Tacoma, WA Local Meetup!

Was talking to another local rider (not sure if they are on this forum yet) and we are thinking about hitting Dune Park/Ruston Point tomorrow for a bit if anyone else is interested.

We havent settled on a time other than in the afternoon. I will update here with time once we do. If any interest please drop a message inline. :D

18 hours ago, eucinsea said:

Firing up this Tacoma, WA Local Meetup!

Was talking to another local rider (not sure if they are on this forum yet) and we are thinking about hitting Dune Park/Ruston Point tomorrow for a bit if anyone else is interested.

We havent settled on a time other than in the afternoon. I will update here with time once we do. If any interest please drop a message inline. :D

We are going to meet down there around 2pm today if anyone wants to join.

Wish it was earlier. Work night shift. Maybe some other time. Don't work Sundays. 

Point Defiance is a nice street ride where 5 mile drive is blocked off to automobile traffic.

Steilacoom park has a network of bike & hiking trails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

Wish it was earlier. Work night shift. Maybe some other time. Don't work Sundays.

Dang OK no worries, next time I am down to plan a Sunday ride so you can join us, rider (not on the forum) is who suggested today and time. Sounds like maybe you could show us around Tacoma spots. I moved down here from Seattle last Summer and havent rode too much yet. In Seattle I was all over the city though. :D and I also think they are newish to Tacoma too. 

8 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

I forgot to mention Swan Creek. It has mountain bike trails and streets left over from an old neighborhood. Its part of the Tacoma parks system.

We met another EUC'r while out yesterday (not there from my post here) and they were talking about Swan Creek too. :D Def on a list to check out.