V8F snapped axle - where can I get the hardware to mount a new motor?

limenuke

Hello folks. My v8f's axle snapped, similar to the way in the picture attached (from reddit). The issue for me is that my wires are sheared so I definitely need a new motor.

That being said, I believe all the washers were lost when my axle snapped. Does anyone know where I can get these precise washers/spacers? Do they come with the motors or pedal hangers?

hpAK1cn.jpg

• 3 months later...

Same thing just happened to mine. I had it for about 5 days and the same axle sheared off. I tried getting a hold of InMotion directly through their website and never got a reply so I went back through Amazon. Amazon directed me to the seller (through the Amazon site) where they finally responded but it wasn't much help. I told them them that I needed repairs and what the problem was but I felt like it went through one ear and right out the other.  They kept telling me to initiate a return on Amazon but it never worked. Instead the Amazon rep told me all they could do is offer a refund. I don't see why they cant just send me a new motor or even have me send my current V8F and fix it. I was reading other reviews online and they talk about how InMotion is overstaffed and sometimes the customer service isn't all that great anymore. Not sure if I'm going to buy another InMotion product if this is how their customer service is going to be whenever I have a problem. 

• Like 1

Your motor is fine, you just need some new wires installed (trivial job).

The downside is that the axle is "not replaceable" separately from the entire motor, according to InMotion.

I had mine break last year, I am just about done machining a new stronger axle.  For some reason InMotion choked down to 14mm instead of using 16mm threads that still fit through the bearings.  On top of that, the hole in my axle was way off center and nearly touching the outside edge of the axle.  Pretty poor construction.

Edited by Firebat45
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...